Little Naches side of things...

Hey guys, we've ridden all of tanuem/ manashtash, liberty and most teanaway trails. Looking to venture into the little Naches area. I see lots of trails in the area, looking for some recommendations. We're three expert riders looking for a fun Saturday outing. Any help would be great! Thanks

Brent

How many miles do you want to do ? Are you coming from the west or east side of the Cascades ?

Our crew has put a lot of miles in there logging and riding the past two months. Did a great 60 miler two weeks ago. It covered most of the best trails in the area.

Thanks guys. We're coming from the Westside. I've ridden down 948 a bit from manashtash ridge trail. We'd be interested in a 50ish mile loop. I see the 963 branches off a bunch and could be combined with others into a loop?

Thanks guys. We're coming from the Westside. I've ridden down 948 a bit from manashtash ridge trail. We'd be interested in a 50ish mile loop. I see the 963 branches off a bunch and could be combined with others into a loop?

I think you would like the loop we did.  Take FS 70 to the end of the pavement. FS 70 is a mile east of Greenwater. You can ride from there on some great 4.x 4 trails for a couple miles to Pyramid Peak or drive to Pyramid Peak. At PP we took 941 down to 945 then up 945 to Ravens Roost.From Ravens R down to 946. 946 down to and across the little naches road to 941. 941 east to 947. Up 947 to Manashtash ridge. West on the ridge to Blowout then Lagos / 942 back to Pyramid P. Then back to the truck. Great ride for your skill level

Edited by RussFinancesHomes.com
  • Like 1

Wow, what an awesome ride yesterday. Ended up with 4 guys, we staged at the ravens roost road/bridge off little Naches rd ( half of us are from the west side, the others from wenatchee area). We were riding by 9 and it was nice and crisp in the morning. Crossed to 941, west up the valley to 947. Passed a small fire crew, there is or was a small fire (we could smell smoke) before the 941\947 intersection. Headed up 947 to the manashtash ridge trail. Out past clifty and down the ridge west. My cousin decided to head down and back up Greek creek (marked as extreme difficulty) just for fun. We then continued out manashtash ridge to blowout mtn. Ran into some logging ops part way (signs marked the trail closed, but since it was Saturday we poked through the area and found the trail on the other side). Had lunch at the bottom of blowout mtn. I had contacted motocentre about the location of 942, and with his directions headed down 942/lagos. What a fun trail! Spent most of our time of the day on it. Just enough oh shit moments to keep you on your toes, but had some fun pine tree carving points that felt like an east coast enduro. Found our way down through a couple rd/cleacut sections and ended up back at 941 eventually and pounded the stairstep whoops back to the trucks (it was after 5pm at this time). Total of 50 miles and 8 hrs, not the best average but all trail we've never touched before. A dip in the river and couple beers and burgers and whistlin jacks and we headed home. Awesome day! Thanks for the recommendations and hope to be back soon.

Edited by brentk660
  • Like 3

Wow, what an awesome ride yesterday. Ended up with 4 guys, we staged at the ravens roost road/bridge off little Naches rd ( half of us are from the west side, the others from wenatchee area). We were riding by 9 and it was nice and crisp in the morning. Crossed to 941, west up the valley to 947. Passed a small fire crew, there is or was a small fire (we could smell smoke) before the 941\947 intersection. Headed up 947 to the manashtash ridge trail. Out past clifty and down the ridge west. My cousin decided to head down and back up Greek creek (marked as extreme difficulty) just for fun. We then continued out manashtash ridge to blowout mtn. Ran into some logging ops part way (signs marked the trail closed, but since it was Saturday we poked through the area and found the trail on the other side). Had lunch at the bottom of blowout mtn. I had contacted motocentre about the location of 942, and with his directions headed down 942/lagos. What a fun trail! Spent most of our time of the day on it. Just enough oh shit moments to keep you on your toes, but had some fun pine tree carving points that felt like an east coast enduro. Found our way down through a couple rd/cleacut sections and ended up back at 941 eventually and pounded the stairstep whoops back to the trucks (it was after 5pm at this time). Total of 50 miles and 8 hrs, not the best average but all trail we've never touched before. A dip in the river and couple beers and burgers and whistlin jacks and we headed home. Awesome day! Thanks for the recommendations and hope to be back soon.

Sounds like a great ride. All good stuff. The first time we rode 942 we rode it from the bottom side up to blowout.. bit of a workout for sure, but super fun. 

Like RUSS said staging form the greenwater side and starting at the end of 941 is a good day ride.. next time try going up the 945 to Ravens Roost, fun trail and the view is awesome

Sounds like a great ride. All good stuff. The first time we rode 942 we rode it from the bottom side up to blowout.. bit of a workout for sure, but super fun.

Like RUSS said staging form the greenwater side and starting at the end of 941 is a good day ride.. next time try going up the 945 to Ravens Roost, fun trail and the view is awesome

Forgive me for being a newbie, but what map are you folks using? All the maps I can find only show the jeep trail as being legal for ohv registered bikes. Any help would be appreciated!! I enjoy the greenwater side since its pretty close to home.

Thanks,

D~

none of the maps, or base maps are 100% accurate. ALL are missing either roads or trails or have things in the wrong place. For example one of the old trails mentioned above I have on a map, and two of my base maps. None are accurate to how the trail really runs, even the start and end points are wrong. The maps will show there is no way out by roads at certain pints, yet there is, it can be frustrating at times when stuff goes wrong and you need out.

Edited by highmarker

The Naches Ranger District also has maps, both available at:  http://data.fs.usda.gov/geodata/rastergateway/states-regions/regions_zoom.php?regionID=r6

Raven Roost Quadrangle covers the north end of the Little Naches valley, others are Mt Clifty and Quartz Mtn. 

Or my favorits are the Green Trails maps, also in quadrangle size, available at most outfitter and sporting goods stores.  239 & 240 cover most of the Greenwater and Little Naches.

If you have a Garmin GPS also check out switchbacks.com for shareware topo and trail maps.

If you are not familar with the area I recommend both a GPS with maps AND paper maps. 

Edited by Chuck.
  • Like 2