Sign in to follow this  

I need to find out what year my motocross bike is!

Hi Everyone,

I bought my bike (see picture) under the impression it was a 2003 YZ 125.

I do not believe it is a 2003 because apparently the 2003's have gold tinted forks?!

I need to find out what year it really is as I need o buy a new throttle cable and brake lever.

According to most forums the year of your bike is somewhere on your 17 digit VIN number (chassis/ frame number), well, my bike only has an 11 digit VIN number. the frame number is *CE03-011107* please can someone help me??

Thank you in advance!

Ross

This post has been promoted to a wiki

mybike.png

98/99 would be my guess due to the black airbox and current blue...

96/97 was a different blue which was darker...

99/00 had the white airbox and more current blue...

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, I bought my bike (see picture) under the impression it was a 2003 YZ 125. I do not believe it is a 2003 because apparently the 2003's have gold tinted forks?! I need to find out what year it really is as I need o buy a new throttle cable and brake lever. According to most forums the year of your bike is somewhere on your 17 digit VIN number (chassis/ frame number), well, my bike only has an 11 digit VIN number. the frame number is *CE03-011107* please can someone help me?? Thank you in advance! RossThis post has been promoted to a wiki

Hi i just rang silvester's yamaha as this frame number is not recognized on the yamaha motor europe website.anyway they looked it up on the computer and it came back as a 99 model.he also said that there should be a letter "C" after the CE03 bit?

So the frame number should read CE03C-011107.so did you miss out the c on the number you stated?

Any problems give sivesters a ring and they will help you out. Heres the number, 01484-683665.

98/99 would be my guess due to the black airbox and current blue...

96/97 was a different blue which was darker...

99/00 had the white airbox and more current blue...

99 still had the black airbox.00-01 had the white one.