Sign in to follow this  

Anyone ever tried this exhaust?

So while researching about FZ8 as a possible second bike for me. Which im no longer doing due to not commuting to college anymore (living in some nice cheap apartments in charleston instead of commuting 100 miles round trip 3 days a week) so two bikes and my car down there would be overkill since ill be skating to class everyday! ANYWAYS the FZ8 community seems to be pretty high on Danmoto exhaust for a slip-on system. I just so happen to be scrolling through their list and low and behold they have a DRZ400s/sm slip on! So here is the Danmoto USA website link with only 1 pic

https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_US/suzuki-drz-400-s-sm-2000-2014-off-road-slip-on-product-1329.html

145 Shipped 

The INT website has three pics and shipped to my house would be 134 shipped, but would prob take longer

https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1293

So have any DRZ400 guys ran this exhaust before? i know a MRD would be the best but my DRZ runs just fine for how i run it so power isnt a big factor i just want a better sounding/looking pipe for cheap! Also thought of just getting the fleabay end cap (buddy has one and it makes it sound slightly better) but i still hate the look of the cap and exhaust as a whole! DG o series might also be option since its sub 200 slip on and looks decent!

danmoto1.jpg

danmoto2.jpg

danmoto3.jpg

Edited by Decil Moto

Cant ship to California lol. Looks good for the price but without any other info who knows how it would perform.

Cant ship to California lol. Looks good for the price but without any other info who knows how it would perform.

It's a slip on, so it wouldn't perform. It would just make more noise.

• Like 2

I already have an mrd ssw (now zpro) exhaust just thought it was funny they wouldnt even ship a slip on exhaust to California. Most companies would ship it and list it for offroad use only

• Like 1

Ya Idk why they won't ship to Cali! But for the price (can also buy off of Amazon for 147) and looks it would be a cheaper lighter alternative to the stocker! Might have to try it if my funds allow, since the fz8 community seems to love them for the price!

Made and designed in China with typical china quality. I've seen people use them on sport bikes, and the Danmoto crap always falls apart within 500 miles.

• Like 4

Made and designed in China with typical china quality. I've seen people use them on sport bikes, and the Danmoto crap always falls apart within 500 miles.

yerp.  get what ya pay for.  go cheap, get cheap.   :facepalm:

• Like 2

Well then the FZ8 site must be an anomaly or something because most people seem to have good experience with the Dan moto stuff! But maybe it was because of how high reving some super bikes can get? I have a China headlight and the plate itself and light mounts were sturdy (lights were not very bright). So I may still try it out. Worst comes to worst I can put the stocker back on and I'm only out 140 bucks! I've made worse bets than that before!

Edited by Decil Moto

Well then the FZ8 site must be an anomaly or something because most people seem to have good experience with the Dan moto stuff! But maybe it was because of how high reving some super bikes can get? I have a China headlight and the plate itself and light mounts were sturdy (lights were not very bright). So I may still try it out. Worst comes to worst I can put the stocker back on and I'm only out 140 bucks! I've made worse bets than that before!

Heck, get one and try it out. 

On the one ninja 250 forum I belong to the guys there are pretty keen on the danmoto exhausts for the price too

07 SM , big bore, hotcams stage 2, FCR, MRD...

• Like 1

That's what I'm saying for the price it seems like people are having good results! Buddy might be giving me a e header so I might not be able to do it! Any good slip on E exhaust for cheap?

So while researching about FZ8 as a possible second bike for me. Which im no longer doing due to not commuting to college anymore (living in some nice cheap apartments in charleston instead of commuting 100 miles round trip 3 days a week) so two bikes and my car down there would be overkill since ill be skating to class everyday! ANYWAYS the FZ8 community seems to be pretty high on Danmoto exhaust for a slip-on system. I just so happen to be scrolling through their list and low and behold they have a DRZ400s/sm slip on! So here is the Danmoto USA website link with only 1 pic

https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_US/suzuki-drz-400-s-sm-2000-2014-off-road-slip-on-product-1329.html

145 Shipped 

The INT website has three pics and shipped to my house would be 134 shipped, but would prob take longer

https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1293

So have any DRZ400 guys ran this exhaust before? i know a MRD would be the best but my DRZ runs just fine for how i run it so power isnt a big factor i just want a better sounding/looking pipe for cheap! Also thought of just getting the fleabay end cap (buddy has one and it makes it sound slightly better) but i still hate the look of the cap and exhaust as a whole! DG o series might also be option since its sub 200 slip on and looks decent!

Just for arguments sake…. I have a friend that just bought one of the first FZ-07's here in town. He is one of those people that does crazy research on everything before he buys stuff. He is planning on putting the Akrapovic full exhaust on his bike. I'm sure it is probably the most expensive but I'm sure it will give the best gains for the bike. Have you looked into them? 

Just for arguments sake…. I have a friend that just bought one of the first FZ-07's here in town. He is one of those people that does crazy research on everything before he buys stuff. He is planning on putting the Akrapovic full exhaust on his bike. I'm sure it is probably the most expensive but I'm sure it will give the best gains for the bike. Have you looked into them?

Akra is very expensive and if i was looking to drop coin I would go with an mrd. But I'm not looking to drop big coin!
  • Like 1

Sooooooo my buddy just put a full yosh system on his E and gave me His E header of it for free!!!! So I was wondering has anyone ran the stock S Can with the E header? If I can then I plan to do that and put on a Ebay tip (I took the stock tip off and it sounds a bit better) on till I can save up for a Powercore 4 or a full MRD. Would I need to rejet if i ran Stock S Can, Ebay tip (Tip without a spark arrestor and smaller inner pipe), and 3x3? I think with the 3x3 will but I'm not sure! Thoughts questions and concerns please!!!

• Like 1

Sooooooo my buddy just put a full yosh system on his E and gave me His E header of it for free!!!! So I was wondering has anyone ran the stock S Can with the E header? If I can then I plan to do that and put on a Ebay tip (I took the stock tip off and it sounds a bit better) on till I can save up for a Powercore 4 or a full MRD. Would I need to rejet if i ran Stock S Can, Ebay tip (Tip without a spark arrestor and smaller inner pipe), and 3x3? I think with the 3x3 will but I'm not sure! Thoughts questions and concerns please!!!

i would rejet no matter what. your bike will run so much better even if you did not wind up getting a full exhaust like the mrs or fmf. id suggest running the e pipe with your  stock muffler and rejet and 3x3, you'll love it.

• Like 2

i would rejet no matter what. your bike will run so much better even if you did not wind up getting a full exhaust like the mrs or fmf. id suggest running the e pipe with your stock muffler and rejet and 3x3, you'll love it.

Why should I take your advice I mean you ride a harley.......... jk jk ya I think that's what I'm going to do for now till a save up!

depending on it's core diameter that pipe may be worth a shot , as long as it can be matched up to something like an E head pipe it could ok,,

it's possibly based an an existing known brand .....

It Would be good to see some reviews from previous customers

Edited by Craig-o
  • Like 1

On the one ninja 250 forum I belong to the guys there are pretty keen on the danmoto exhausts for the price too

07 SM , big bore, hotcams stage 2, FCR, MRD...

And I see guys here rave about their Big Gun exhausts too. ;)

(No accounting for quality)

For plenty, loud = good + power. And if there's nothing much there, it WILL be loud! LOL

Edited by MindBlower

Have you done the 3x3 and jetted it already?  If so you probably won't have to rejet when you put the E head pipe on at least I didn't.  If no, then yes you will have to get a jet kit and change out the jets. Get the James Dean kit and jet it for a stock muffler.  

I'm running the E head pipe and S muffler.  To make it fit you have to either expand the entrance to the muffler or do what I did and make a sealing shim out of a beer can to replace the carbon piece that's in there stock. I believe the rear mount is a bit different and you need to use the hole where the rear foot peg is, it's been so long ago I can't really remember.

• Like 1

Have you done the 3x3 and jetted it already? If so you probably won't have to rejet when you put the E head pipe on at least I didn't. If no, then yes you will have to get a jet kit and change out the jets. Get the James Dean kit and jet it for a stock muffler.

I'm running the E head pipe and S muffler. To make it fit you have to either expand the entrance to the muffler or do what I did and make a sealing shim out of a beer can to replace the carbon piece that's in there stock. I believe the rear mount is a bit different and you need to use the hole where the rear foot peg is, it's been so long ago I can't really remember.

Thanks man! Nope I haven't rejetted yet and plan on doing a dyno run before then do this everything and re dyno just so I know what everything does plus I mean everyone loves a Dyno Sheet!!!!! So do you need to expand the muffler midpipe more? It looked like it had a decent sized gasket in it or did you mean you kept it stock and replaced that gasket with a homemade gasket that was thinner (beer can)