Sign in to follow this  

Montana Rocky Mt. Helmet Cam Thread

Take us with you on a ride!

Here was my trip up Black Peak, on the ID/MT border on Saturday.

• Like 5

Nice maneuvering, beautiful scenery, horrible rock pile.

Call me sadistic, but I love the rocks!

Nobody has any vids they want to share?

I'll throw the long version of the first vid up here in the mean time. Most of this is actually in ID, but I could have thrown a stone and hit MT at any point throughout the day.

Take us with you on a ride!

Here was my trip up Black Peak, on the ID/MT border on Saturday.

Awesome clip!

Most of this is actually in ID, but I could have thrown a stone and hit MT at any point throughout the day.

Man, I need to get up to Montana some time. Great vid..

Edited by Trailryder42
  • Like 1

no roots, just bounced my right bark buster off some bark. walked away with only some minor scratches

You must be younger than me; that would have laid me up for a week!

Big Horn Mountains in northern Wyoming. It's 97% quad trail up here, but I still manage to have a good time.

It doesn't take long to be reminded why they are called the "Rocky" mountains, does it? :D That looks like a fun area.

E-start on an XR? That's just not fair.

Edited by ITLKSEZ

Sorry to crash this party with a vid from Idaho, but we are part of the Rockies too! The NW section is mostly riders from the cascades and I can't relate.

Here is a trail I tried last year without a map and lost the trail. I tried again yesterday and chickened out when it dropped off a cliff of slick beargrass that I wasn't about to try to make it back up while riding solo.

• Like 1

Sorry to crash this party with a vid from Idaho, but we are part of the Rockies too! The NW section is mostly riders from the cascades and I can't relate.

Here is a trail I tried last year without a map and lost the trail. I tried again yesterday and chickened out when it dropped off a cliff of slick beargrass that I wasn't about to try to make it back up while riding solo.

Yikes! That looked more like a game trail than a bike trail. Nice riding!

What kind of tractor are you chugging along on?

A bone-stock '01 XR400. If I could just shed about 60 lbs off of it, it would be even better, but it is perfect for what I use it for.