Sign in to follow this  

I've Been Unfaithful..I'm in Love With Another Dirt Bike

After riding my TTR-125L for the last three years and before that, a TTR-125 small wheel, I started riding my husband's CRF-150. He bought a XR-400 for himself and I casually asked if he would set up the 150 so I could try it out. I really didn't think I would like it as much as I do my TTR. The TTR fits my small frame and short stature so well and is so easy to ride and maneuver I never thought I would like another bike.

So he obligingly lowered the seat height for me, softened the suspension, worked on the exhaust system and tossed me the key so to speak.

I threw my leg over the CRF, kick started it with ease and took off for the woods. YAHOOOO!

is all I can say. I love the power band on the bike and the maneuverability. While it's slightly longer than my TTR the difference in negligible.  I've ridden it on trails for two days in a row all the while my poor little neglected TTR sits and languishes. I really enjoy the bike and having those extra 25cc's of power is admittedly sweet. 

I guess I'm going to have to include the CRF-150 in my list of bikes for short lady riders....and try to get over my feelings of guilt cause I'm gonna go on riding the CRF.

• Like 3

That's understandable. Is the 150 a 2 smoke or 4 banger, I can't tell from the internet pics when I Google it?

Edited by DonnieD

4 stroke Donnie.

BTW, Red, this is what happened to me with my KTM450, I rode it and was all like OMG, I have to have this and felt so unfaithful LMAO

4 stroke Donnie.

BTW, Red, this is what happened to me with my KTM450, I rode it and was all like OMG, I have to have this and felt so unfaithful LMAO

Yeah....giggle...Dave keeps asking me if I'm ready to try his 400 now. No. I don't have a death wish. LOL

The bike is a Crf 150F. Here is a picture of it:

crf150l.JPG

The sticker on the number plate says F**k Cancer. Which is what my husband called the bike. I just call him Fred.

• Like 1

Yeah....giggle...Dave keeps asking me if I'm ready to try his 400 now. No. I don't have a death wish. LOL

The bike is a Crf 150F. Here is a picture of it:

crf150l.JPG

The sticker on the number plate says F**k Cancer. Which is what my husband called the bike. I just call him Fred.

LOL, that's exactly what I said about this one before I got on it then I had to buy it :D

10294287_747198425301764_844846537439125

I'm I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm putting my fingers on my ears..la..la..la..la..la..la..la

Edit: this was posted by redhed, we have two users on the same home network. Something got cross wired.

Edited by lump_tha_thump
  • Like 1

See what you just caused Red ????

10593130_798732740148332_632033984310026

I just loaded up the Scooby Van with my 2 bikes and a friends and now I need to go ride to get the guilt out. Who cares if I have a broken leg, blown out knee and ankle. I need to feel RIGHT again LMAO

The real lump here. Thanks for sharing the pics of your bikes debi.

You're very welcome. Sorry but the tires are all worn out LOL

125sx on the left, yz250f in the middle and 450smr on the right :D

Edited by Debi

The slicks are kind of hard to tell, but your van spare, well you don't have a spare.

No, that tire blew and I mean BLEW out at like 80+ mph coming back from a race in BC and yeah, been spending $$$ on the bikes and not the hauler LOL

• Like 1

How fun to move up in some power and love it!   :ride: 

Now now, the xr400 is quite fun to ride actually and quite tame on the throttle compared to say, a kx250.  You should try it, you may like it.  Here I am on my hubby's xr400...he now has a kx250, that I have ridden as well, and both are fun to ride.  At least the 250 I can hold up on my own, the xr400 is quite tall, had to take off and stop next to something to reach...lol.  
253729_1935735025680_3417486_n.jpg?oh=02

• Like 1

How fun to move up in some power and love it!   :ride: 

Now now, the xr400 is quite fun to ride actually and quite tame on the throttle compared to say, a kx250.  You should try it, you may like it.  Here I am on my hubby's xr400...he now has a kx250, that I have ridden as well, and both are fun to ride.  At least the 250 I can hold up on my own, the xr400 is quite tall, had to take off and stop next to something to reach...lol.  

253729_1935735025680_3417486_n.jpg?oh=02

I think that would be my main problem, namely the height. I am only 5'2" tall. I don't have any doubt that I could handle the power I just am a little leery of the height of the bike. I rode his, now my CRF once before he had lowered it down and made the mistake of stopping in a low area. OOPS. Taught me a valuable lesson the hard way. Always stop a tall bike next to something you can grab hold of.

Besides, I don't like my husband's response when I drop his bike all that much. :shocked::eek::crazy::jawdrop::foul::facepalm::goofy:

I got on the TTR today after Lump installed a new air filter for me and ripped it around the pasture a few times. It seemed pretty tame now compared to the CRF.  I still love that little bike but I will probably finish out this riding season on the CRF as my husband wants to do some valve and needle adjustments on the TTR. God I'm gonna miss that electric start. :cry:

• Like 1

Oh come on now, both my bikes are kick :D

Yeah, I just got home from doing maybe 80 laps and damn I missed riding the last few weeks. Leg held out pretty good until I decided to take out the outside Turn one plastic blocks cause I had  blonde moment and went from I thought 5th to 2nd to back it in and nope, was in Neutral LMAO. Yes, I slammed them good but didn't hit the pavement :D So I did another maybe 5 laps and yep, white out pain again :(

Stupid old age and being broken grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

Keep saying this mantra, "I will not crash, I will not crash, I will not crash," Lump says that's why he rides so slow these days. He remembers all his past road crashes. Of course to him, not going fast means not having the throttle cranked all the way open.

We are heading to our second hare scramble on Sunday, hopefully. It's in nearby Marcelline, MO and should be interesting as we have had about 1.5 inches of rain since last night.. This will give us a chance to check out the area's second race trail. We have heard that the further south you go the rockier the trails get. Rocks are bad. Rocks hurt when you fall on them.

Yes the electric start really spoils you. Luckily the CRF starts easily, usually on the second kick for me so I can't complain too much about it.

Don't you have a race coming up this weekend also?

I do have one but due to the leg I have to miss it and the one on the 23rd 24th :( Oh well :) But as the topic was started on well I rode my friends KTM125SX yesterday and OMG! It was a HOOT. I mean I could just pin it everywhere and wasn't worried about the rear stepping out while going WOT through the apex :D so much fun. But I did learn to back it in better, lower and way faster ;)

Have fun at the Scramble :D I will be home working on a customers order for 200 stickers. Oh well, I have beer and MX will be on :D

The CRF 150F is a tank. Just stay on it and it'll go alot of places. The trick with starting my old one (no EStart on it either) was to lean it over and let the gas run thru the carb/out the overflow abit and then start it. For maintenance, gotta make sure the valve gaps are correct as well but really easy to check.

Having a longer wheelbase (and more weight than the TTR) makes the bike way more stable, I found the CRF150f pretty stable for a smaller bike. I still can't believe I put at least 4000 miles on mine in Baja, the land of big bikes. The poor thing had to work like crazy and took a ton of abuse (of course, so did I with that crappy suspension and having to keep the throttle wide open or else dig in to the sand). I did bore mine out to a 188 eventually. I still have that 2006 in Baja and use for riding to town. I've been afraid to take it out for a real ride as I'm not sure I'm tough enough anymore since I got the 250x ;)

At 5'2" I think the TTR125, CRF150F, CRF150R, KTM105 (trailed out, especially with a rekluse this is a great bike for gnarly riding) are all great options.

Edited by lilGirl