Sign in to follow this  

2006 crf450r

found a 2006 crf for $2100. The guy who is selling it claims it has never been actually raced but rode a couple days of practice at mora and single track. Then he moved to Wisconsin and had the bike stored there and rode some trails and single track for several years. He says he bought it new off the show room floor at Larson's cycle. So he has been the original owner. The bike looks pretty cool because he claims it came with the retro plastics installed on the showroom but has the stock ones that caim with it as well which look brand new never used. He also has going with it 2 twin air filters, a extra rear spring, and a few other things. The bike has 135 hrs on it since new and has the hr meter installed and It does read 135. He claims he has a maintenance record along with replacing the spark plug, adjusting the valves and cleaning the carb last fall. So, is there really anything to look out for with this year or anything with the 450f's in general? If you think it is or isn't a good buy please tell me. Thanks.

found a 2006 crf for $2100. The guy who is selling it claims it has never been actually raced but rode a couple days of practice at mora and single track. Then he moved to Wisconsin and had the bike stored there and rode some trails and single track for several years. He says he bought it new off the show room floor at Larson's cycle. So he has been the original owner. The bike looks pretty cool because he claims it came with the retro plastics installed on the showroom but has the stock ones that caim with it as well which look brand new never used. He also has going with it 2 twin air filters, a extra rear spring, and a few other things. The bike has 135 hrs on it since new and has the hr meter installed and It does read 135. He claims he has a maintenance record along with replacing the spark plug, adjusting the valves and cleaning the carb last fall. So, is there really anything to look out for with this year or anything with the 450f's in general? If you think it is or isn't a good buy please tell me. Thanks.

135 hours is a fair bit IMO for an original motor.....but i mean they're not bad bikes. Same frame as the 250f of those years, so it's relatively light and nimble for a 450....good price. If you don't mind the possibility of a rebuild and it checks out as a clean bike, why not?

135 hours is a fair bit IMO for an original motor.....but i mean they're not bad bikes. Same frame as the 250f of those years, so it's relatively light and nimble for a 450....good price. If you don't mind the possibility of a rebuild and it checks out as a clean bike, why not?

Hear is the craigslist posting http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/mcy/4572854996.html Hopefully by looking at it you guys could be able to tell me more.

Looks like a good bike, fair price. Replace the piston for piece of mind though. 135 hours is pushing it on the original.