Sign in to follow this  

Quick trip to Buck Rock lookout in the Sequoia NF

I'm just going to link here. A quick trip in my backyard. Easy day but got her into 5th a few times  :ride:

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24778095&postcount=14721

Got to ride with another 520 rider, he had the IMS tank on and was always at least 10 degrees hotter than me. It seems the IMS tank has no place for the air to go after going through the cores. He had a fan and the pump, I ran Evans, he ran coolant. Interesting nonetheless. 

Edited by Mckay
  • Like 4

Looks like mint place. And very nice casual ride.

Really nice area you live in. I'm sold on the Evens. It's all I use in all my motorcycles. I'm even going to switch over to it on my truck. 

Sweet Ride!

You know I rode a bunch last week up in Tahoe national forest and I was running really hot 220-235 in tight single track stuff, but it was 105 degrees outside, once out on the back roads the temp dropped to 200-210...

I too was looking at my IMS tank wondering the same thing, I guess everything has its drawbacks. I've been looking at trying to do something to decrease the operating temps during the hotter weather, I mean, heck, it's only a little 450!

I'm just going to link here. A quick trip in my backyard. Easy day but got her into 5th a few times  :ride:

Got to ride with another 520 rider, he had the IMS tank on and was always at least 10 degrees hotter than me. It seems the IMS tank has no place for the air to go after going through the cores. He had a fan and the pump, I ran Evans, he ran coolant. Interesting nonetheless.

Really nice area you live in. I'm sold on the Evens. It's all I use in all my motorcycles. I'm even going to switch over to it on my truck. 

$$$$$$$$$$$

Hi Mckay, do you guys think it is just the ims tank or could the fact im running the bigger radiators contribute to the blocked off air?I added water wetter today after my service, the fan was coming on 3 degrees sooner than it usually does and seemed to cool a little faster, this was at idle so i dont know until i run it on the trails. I will probably end up with the evans and a screen instead of the louvres. ironbasher

Thanks for the info, (I think ;) ) as I just ordered an IMS 3.1 tank for mine.  You guys have any opinions on Engine Ice vs. Evans Coolant?  I've used Engine Ice on the track for years and have had good performance from it, but won't keep things from freezing, which is one in the plus column for Evans, which works down to -40F.