Sign in to follow this  

DRZ: Pingel Petcock Replacement

So my OEM petcock went bad (o-ring). Instead of replacing the o-ring whenever I leak fuel, I was looking at a Pingel.

This is what I'd order: http://www.pingelonline.com/dirt-atv-fuel-valves/6190-ah61av-single-outlet-on-off-hex-finned-valve-1-4-npt-6000-series-90-degree-5-16-hose-barb-with-adapter-aluminum.asp

Questions:

1. I would need to shorten the bolts to attach it to tank? Anyone know how long the bolts should be for the Pingel?

2. Is there a gasket between the Pingel petcock and the tank?

3. Should the outlet (coming downward) be towards the front of the motorcycle or the back?

Any help is appreciated. I don't want to be hydrolocked after I store my cycle. 

Called Craig at Pingel and he answered all my questions.

For those of you interested in ordering as well:

1. Bolts would need to be shortened. Unsure of measurement, but could certainly be mocked-up.

2. There is a gasket, similar to stock included.

3. Outlet (facing downward) is opposite of on/off lever

• Like 1

Thats $$$ and doesn't have any reserve. Why not just use a Raptor petcock?

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/Yamaha-FUEL-COCK-ASSY-1-5LP-24500-01-00-p1000322768.html

+1

Or if you don't like how the raptor petcock routes the fuel line then an E model petcock would be a good replacement.

Edited by Wisconsinite762
  • Like 1

I didn't think that I needed a reserve. I generally run 100 miles on my DRZ and fill up anyway. On/off seemed like it would be simplest and most user-friendly. I just have to decide what to do with my vacuum line now though.

I didn't think that I needed a reserve. I generally run 100 miles on my DRZ and fill up anyway. On/off seemed like it would be simplest and most user-friendly. I just have to decide what to do with my vacuum line now though.

You don't "NEED" a reserve, but it is nice to have.

As for the vacuum line, follow it back to where it connects to the carb, remove it, and put a vacuum cap on the port.

• Like 1

You don't "NEED" a reserve, but it is nice to have.

As for the vacuum line, follow it back to where it connects to the carb, remove it, and put a vacuum cap on the port.

The vacuum line should just pull right off? Also, where can I get a vacuum cap? Any motorparts distributor?

The vacuum line should just pull right off? Also, where can I get a vacuum cap? Any motorparts distributor?

Yup it should just pull off. Any auto parts store should carry vacuum caps, auto zone, car quest, etc.

Yup it should just pull off. Any auto parts store should carry vacuum caps, auto zone, car quest, etc.

Thanks as always Wisconsinite. 2-day delivery on my Pingel so I will have to update later.

Edited by Bucktast1c
  • Like 1

I have a brand new in box Pingle for my 06 drz. Just never got around to installing. Any interest here??

I have a brand new in box Pingle for my 06 drz. Just never got around to installing. Any interest here??

Sorry Jack, I already ordered mine with 2-day shipping. I'll certainly let you know if I think it's worth you putting on your DRZ though!

Wow that thing is very small compared to the stock one, gives you lots of choke switch clearance.