Sign in to follow this  

sx ignition box on an 09 250xc. anyone run one?

so i was riding my xc and swapped with my friend.  and his yz250 has such a broader range of power than my xc. it had more low end, a meatier mid and a superman top end. 

my xc just has a low to mid transition without a hit and a very very weak top end with no overrev. it is a very short power band and i have to shift a lot.

i had my carb bored and head modded.  still not there. 

thinking about getting a fatty pipe or an sx ignition box.  or both. 

or just sell it and buy me a new yz250.

anyway.  who has tried the sx box.  and what is your review of it?

Edited by hawaii500_1999

or just sell it and buy me a new yz250.

dont let the door hit ya on the way out

Edited by harryhandshake

dont let the door hit ya on the way out

so what you're saying is that the SX ignition box doesn't make much of a difference in power? 

no more hp on the top end or extra over-rev?

got the red PV spring already.

what difference did the SX cdi make? 

was it subtle or very noticeable? 

does it allow the motor to over rev?  build revs quicker?  give more top end HP?

I'm just at a teetering point right now, to either pour more money into the bike or not.

also

i know with all my other 2 strokes a pipe always made a huge difference, but lot's of ktm guys say that the fmf fatty doesn't make much difference.  does it?

I have an Xc Cdi on my Sx. Opposite that's the way I bought it though so they'll def switch out.

A SX 250 is cut from the same cloth as the YZ. Your XC is designed and built to have characteristics just as you described.

Your motor is built differently than a "moto" style motor.

I think a SX head, ignition, and jetting specs would help but won't get you the same motor characteristics as the YZ.

If anything just buy a 250 SX!

A SX 250 is cut from the same cloth as the YZ. Your XC is designed and built to have characteristics just as you described.

Your motor is built differently than a "moto" style motor.

I think a SX head, ignition, and jetting specs would help but won't get you the same motor characteristics as the YZ.

If anything just buy a 250 SX!

ya i think i made a mistake buying the xc since i like the mx power, (even though i ride/compete offroad not mx.) 

salesman told me it would handle like my cr250 did,  and that it had a lot of power.  the e-start dazzled me as well.

i think i'll live with this until a couple of years then get an sx or yz. 

I have an Xc Cdi on my Sx. Opposite that's the way I bought it though so they'll def switch out.

do you have that SX one?  want to sell it?

I don't sadly the guy had already sold it. My bike is setup up for woods the so I have an Xc head and Cdi on mine and its still very snappy on the bottom-mid top is a little slower like you say I could only imagine what that Sx hit would be like lol

SX head gives more feel of brutal power than sx ignition on exc/xcw. But having done all the mods you just cant make it what sx motor gives you because of the heaviet crankshaft etc.