Sign in to follow this  

2005 rmz250 starts then stalls...

I recently bought a 2005 rmz 250 and today went to go start it up. The thing fired up right away on the first kick with choke on but stalled out a second or two later. Im thinking it might just need the carb cleaned out or a new spark plug but if anyone has some other ideas or has had this problem with the same bike and know whats wrong I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks ill post how that goes im about to clean the carb in the next hour or so

Well i have no clue how to get pictures from my phone on her but the carb is pretty clean for the most part...the are some place where there is a little sand and dust like stuff but all the jets are clean and the seals are good.

Maybe try adjusting idle next?

What size jets are you running --main, slow, needle & clip position? Also, what kind of fuel screw are you using -- oem or aftermarket (aluminum or brass)? 

No idea...I just cleaned all the junk out of it and put it back together...i wont be able to say how it runs for about 6 days until i get back and finish things up...then ill rife it around and see if i really need to look into re-jetting or not