Sign in to follow this  

Enduro build.

Ok guys well i have a 2012 rmz 450. I usually ride hard trails and do coal hill climbs quite often. I want to make this bike to suite to my riding preferences. Right now i have an yosh full system rs4, ricochet skidplate, devol full radiator gaurds, uni airfilter, and a jd jetting ecu mapping tool and the rest is bone stock. I have 70 hours on the bike now. However, i want to prioritize what i should get first and what i should get last. Also, what are some essential products that would enhance my riding experience. This build is gunna take a little depending on the money.  

Suspension is going to be key. Motocross suspension is way to hard for trail riding

Ever ridden with a stabilizer? They're worth their weight in gold! I ran one for a race season when a riding buddy was hurt, the results were obvious.

That and suspension. Those two combined can give you the confidence to charge into the knarliest stuff without hesitation.

I don't see mention of bark busters? What about some Sunline breakaway levers? Does the Yoshi system come with a spark arrestor? How about a rear brake protector? I got out of riding/racing for a few years and since I moved its a completely different type of riding over here, but I'll try and post some more things as I remember them.

Ever ridden with a stabilizer? They're worth their weight in gold! I ran one for a race season when a riding buddy was hurt, the results were obvious.

That and suspension. Those two combined can give you the confidence to charge into the knarliest stuff without hesitation.

I don't see mention of bark busters? What about some Sunline breakaway levers? Does the Yoshi system come with a spark arrestor? How about a rear brake protector? I got out of riding/racing for a few years and since I moved its a completely different type of riding over here, but I'll try and post some more things as I remember them.

i have renthal unbreakable levers. but yeah if u could. i pretty much want my bike to be amazing for trail/hillclimb riding

i think a stabalizer is the next on my list. because when i ride like 5th gear and im flying down this bumpy trail, my tire does jackknife alot. 

Ok i am looking at steering dampeners and what brand is good and what about over the bar mount vs under the bar mount. I pretty much know nothing about the stabilizers :banghead:

We ran Scott's over the bar mounted stabilizers. I've never run a GPR stabilizer but I know they're cheaper.

One thing you can do for the short term is drop your forks. That will help with the head shake, but, we've noticed it's not as easy to pitch the bike sideways and you lose a little bit of the cornering that the RM-Z's are known for.

Break away levers are certainly nice, but bark busters will protect your hands in the tight stuff.

Fastway System 5 Steering Stabilizer Over-Bar Kit.

what about a "Fastway system 5 steering stabilizer over-bar kit" for 559.99$. and what is the difference between an over the bar vs under the bar

Raising your bars will sacrifice handling, most novice riders will not notice it though.

Fastway products are very high quality.

What do you think about the wear

If any of the teeth are sharp (like shank someone sharp) or bending then its definitely time...I'd personally continue to ride that sprocket

If any of the teeth are sharp (like shank someone sharp) or bending then its definitely time...I'd personally continue to ride that sprocket

all the teeth are like the picture. no bent or sharp except a little bent on the front

That sprocket is past due for replacement, once it gets that wore it will wear your chain out faster.

It looks normal to me. Can you elaborate how u see the wear is uneven

It looks normal to me. Can you elaborate how u see the wear is uneven

Seems like a lot of "cleaning" along the side of the sprocket. The teeth themselves look in good shape as does the gaps between each teeth...

Seems like a lot of "cleaning" along the side of the sprocket. The teeth themselves look in good shape as does the gaps between each teeth...

im going to take a look at the alignment. However, do you think i need a new sprocket yet?