Sign in to follow this  

What Is My Dirt Bike Worth?

Hey, I just joined the website and not sure if I'm posting this in the right section or not, but... I have a 2003 KTM 250sx, that is extremely well taken care of. It hasn't really been ridden to much through out its life other than a few times every year (sometimes not even). It has never been raced, or layed down. It has a New Michelin Cross Competition S12 XC front and rear. New KTM progressive handlebar dampening suspension. (P.H.D.S.) New black anodized 20 degree triple clamps. Complete suspension rebuild front and rear. I have all of the factory springs, tools, and books that will go along with it. What is this bike worth if I try selling it?

Here is a video of it running, and a little walk around... 

Where I live, it's probably worth $3000, top dollar.

Depends where your at! In pa that bike would go for around $2500 because of the condition go on Craigslist and look at 2003 ktm 250s must be ktm cuz for some reason they go for more.... If you find one in used (scratched up, not washed often) then add how much ever you feel is right

Oh and that bike is in awesome condition for being 10 years old

You guys really drink the Kool-Ade on the east coast, huh? 

Modern KTMs are worth plenty here, not old ones.

$1200 to 1500. It's pre- 2008 so that hurts value. Pre-2004 is even worse.

Sounds about right, paid 2400 for my 09 250sx

I live in Michigan. Thanks, it really has been taken well care of.

Depends where your at! In pa that bike would go for around $2500 because of the condition go on Craigslist and look at 2003 ktm 250s must be ktm cuz for some reason they go for more.... If you find one in used (scratched up, not washed often) then add how much ever you feel is right
Oh and that bike is in awesome condition for being 10 years old

Thanks for the advice guys, but I must ask, what was the condition of the bike when you bought it nholden98?

Condition was great, had a cracked right shroud and a small tear in the seat. PO only rode it a few times in the past couple years due to storing the bike outside of DC where he lived/worked. Came with a handful of accessories and stock parts along with a uninstalled OEM top end kit. Needed a good cleaning from being stored for so long but I have some new stuff on the way for it. But your bike is in killer condition, much better than this.

1407306175027.jpg

Looks like a nice bike!

Thanks, I'd say put yours out there for 1900 and see what kind of offers you get.

wait...i love these quizzes and I know my answer is right because it is correct every time.  And it applies to every other product in the world, too

"it's worth whatever the dumbest person in your market is willing to pay"

Do I win?  Was that the answer you are looking for.

• Like 2

That's true.. but how long would I have to wait for that person? Just looking for what the average person would pay for it.

is this bike worth the trade? selling my bike for $2,500 by the way.

http://centralmich.craigslist.org/mcy/4557785040.html

The price is high for Michigan. I can find a dozen or more 07-10 year range bikes in the 2500-3000 price range. I would shoot high for 1900 as a listing price and have some bartering room. I bought my old 02 300 for 1600 bucks, and that was a couple of years ago. If you can swing a straight up trade, it wouldn't be too bad for a beginner bike. The F3 is a solid bike, not the fastest, but it is quicker than a lot of things on the road.

Edited by orangyktmthing

is this bike worth the trade? selling my bike for $2,500 by the way.

http://centralmich.craigslist.org/mcy/4557785040.html

That is a very non factory paint job, which usually means it was crashed and the pastic was all messed up, so they fixed it and painted it.  It also can mean someone just wanted it a different color, but on a bike that old, I would guess the plastics were messed up.

Yeah the guy just told me that it was Layed down, and that he took the plastic from another bike and painted it.