Sign in to follow this  

YZ exhaust for WR

Hey guys. Great find. I was talking with a friend at work, and it turns out he had just replaced his 08 YZ250f exhaust with an aftermarket. Being friends, he gave me the entire exhaust system for a case if beer. I have a 13' WR250f. Here are my questions.

1. Noise...I'm entering my first harescramble in a couple of weeks. I know I need a SA, but I'm a bit nervous with mixed reports if the measured sound level being between 95-97DBa. I would hate to get all of the way there and find out I fail by 1db.

2. Should I add the header? I know it's 2mm larger towards the midpipe , but I'm not interested in every ounce of increased power. But if it's noticeable, then I will add. The can alone will make a big difference. I actually like my header better with the added heat shield and not having to mess with the head gaskets and such at all.

Thanks ahead of time.

Looks like I will need the gasket from the WR head pipe to mate up with the YZ exhaust. Keep WR head pipe. Looks like the ID at the head of the YZ head pipe is actually smaller, and the fitting shape of the OD is different. Will hold off until I can find out more.

If it will bolt up, then you're almost there.

I added SA screen to the YZ exhaust by drilling out the pop rivits, removing the end cap, putting the screen onto the perferated pipe, and putting the end cap back on.  Works great, simple fix. 

It all bolted up perfectly. I repacked the exhaust. I used the WR header. I needed a new gasket for the midpipe, but worked great. Love the sound and breathes like it should now.