Sign in to follow this  

2012 rear suspension question

I bought a slightly used 2012 rmz 250 a few months ago and I set my sag and adjusted the clickers, but it still feels and looks lower than it should. I looked at the rear spring and it's black, which I assumed was normal, but after searching info on 2012 rmz's I noticed that the stock springs are red on every 2012 I researched. Do you guys think the spring was changed out for a lighter rider? I'm 6'2" 195 and from what I've read the stock spring should be fine, but it doesn't feel so, which leads me to believe the spring was changed. Can any if you guys with '12s let me know what color your stock spring is? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

The stock spring on my 2012 RMZ-250 is red.

Thanks for the info. I kinda figured it was a different spring than stock. I guess I know what I'll be doing to my bike next! Hopefully it's not too much of a pain in the ass to change.

I have a stock 5.7 you can have really cheap. you might want to check out the front springs, I have the stock .47's for it also. E-mail me if you want them.

The rear spring is real easy to swap out, the fronts you might want some help if you never did them.

dominicdube@sbcglobal.net

Edited by Dube340

I have a stock 5.7 you can have really cheap. you might want to check out the front springs, I have the stock .47's for it also. E-mail me if you want them.

The rear spring is real easy to swap out, the fronts you might want some help if you never did them.

dominicdube@sbcglobal.net

Emailed.