Sign in to follow this  

2014 CRF150 Pilot Screw Tool

Alright, info probably hidden deep within a topic somewhere but any trick to adjusting the pilot without moving the carb on a 2014? It doesnt seem like I  can get my hands or any srewdriver I own in there (although I only tried for a few minutes before giving up). Thinking of making a tool. Do you just have to loosen the carb every time? Screw has a normal slot as far as I can tell, not a D. Anyone find anthing that works?

you have to get the flex screw for it.  I thinks its around 30 bucks but it is a must have for this bike.  just remember when you take the old screw out to make sure you get the washers and spring and o rings out with the old screw and use them on the new flex screw.  the new flex screw mounts next to your idle adjust so no more burnt hands.

you have to get the flex screw for it.  I thinks its around 30 bucks but it is a must have for this bike.  just remember when you take the old screw out to make sure you get the washers and spring and o rings out with the old screw and use them on the new flex screw.  the new flex screw mounts next to your idle adjust so no more burnt hands.

I was aware of those, I guess that is the answer. Stupid design. Thanks for the input.

+1 You can loosen the carb boot clamps and rotate the carb to get at the screw.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1151/-/184988/R-%26-D-Racing-Flex-Jet-%28Remote-Fuel-Screw%29?v=10194

Ok got the flex jet, easy install. I called R&D because a local shop said they didnt have one that would fit my bike. Actually talked to the guy that designed the flex jet. He said there is only one and it fits most bikes (with similar carb), just in case anyone else needs to know. He also said he designed it around the CRF150R, interesting. Also installed a 138 MJ (per manual at 3,500' altitude). We will see if I solved my issues tomorrow. If I can get it to start and run right with this set up then I will install the dP Dawg. Hopefully all I will need to do is close the pilot a bit after that. Thanks again for input.