Sign in to follow this  

Holy crap! What happened to Beta Talk thread?

That thread about Beta Talk just vanished. What happened? Was someone here offended? Are the internet deputies pissed at us?

Is it? .. I think it's against the rules to promote another website or something.. I didn't think it was a big deal. TT has the lions share of Beta owners talking about their bikes on the web.. by far. I still go to the others to check in and post and support but TT is the biggest and most stable with the longest amount of time and amount of archives on Beta for the longest consistent period of time. There have been a few times where Beta sites have gone down the tubes and guy just came to TT because it was the only game in town.. Now there are a few Beta sites and it seems it's come about with Beta being more popular.. Still TT has the advantage by far. It's hard to start a new Beta site .. I think so at least. Unless the guy starting it puts some real time into providing a lot of useful and provocative Beta info that is useful.

Can I have the brunette with my 498rr please..right about :45  .. hey ..just lookin..

Hey isn't this how it is for you guys too when ya go into the mountains to ride?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

That makes total sense. At least I didn't get the "ban hammer" thrown at me. I will be careful of promoting links around here. TT is by far the most wealth of info for the Beta.

• Like 1

Although Dave is a wealth of knowledge and provides a great service for us, I dont think it possible to have the forum there as well. Many may see it as advertising.

Although Dave is a wealth of knowledge and provides a great service for us, I dont think it possible to have the forum there as well. Many may see it as advertising.

There is 100 times more advertising and annoying pop ups on TT than the Beta forum. 99% of them have nothing to do with power sports. Heck we have the TT store here. It makes sense to be able to advertise and purchase Beta parts on a Beta forum.

OTOH, I can understand not to "bite the hand that feeds you" here. And not being a "Team TT Member" is my own fault for having to view the pop up ads. In all honesty, TT is pretty lenient on letting us put up links to other sites here. My bad for posting links to a site that takes away from here.

I will continue to use both. In fact, I'm heading over to Dave's this weekend to do some really cool upgrades to my bike. I made it 3 months without a screw up at work and got my bonus! That's my unexpected "mad money" fund. 

Of course I will post up the modifications and upgrades on the "other "Beta forum" as well as here.

TT advertising is different, they are selling everything from everybody. Not knocking Dave or his intentions but can see a bit of a conundrum for some. Some may see it as a biased site as well. I check both but use this and the adventure site most. 

TT advertising is different, they are selling everything from everybody. Not knocking Dave or his intentions but can see a bit of a conundrum for some. Some may see it as a biased site as well. I check both but use this and the adventure site most. 

It is difficult situation for me. I consider Dave not only a good dealer, but a friend as well. He rides and races what he sells. And  I really like the no BS approach to how he operates. I will try another approach to helping promote his site for Beta riders.

• Like 2

I think it's possible. I'd post the same stuff there that I would anywhere else.. He's hosting so nothing wrong with that. Thumpertalk has it's own store etc.. no big deal I support anyone and everyone that provides a service like this for all of us who ride Beta or any bike really...  

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Trying to utilize his site, can only make one post every 5 min to prevent spam. That needs to be turned off IMO.