Sign in to follow this  

KTM EXC 350 F OR KTM EXC 500

So Im thinking I want to get a street legal enduro bike. I am currently on a 07 CRF 450R witch I absolutely Love. Up till now I pretty much ride all MX. I want to start getting more riding in, on the trails In between going to the track. I want to get a bike I can ride on the trails and road to make connections between trail systems. The dirt ride for me is the important ride, I don't have any interest in being on the road other than getting to a riding area legally. Needs to be nice and quite on the back end, and be as much fun as riding my 450. I want the bike to be as close to a street legal MX bike you can get. Even when trail riding I tend to find a set of trails or lines and turn it into a loop and ride it like I'm at the track. I would be riding trails, single track, & fire roads. I looked at all the enduro class bikes and most don't look as much fun as these 2 KTMs.

Seams like the 350 would be really fun because it is less power and you could ride it harder. Get in and out of the tight stuff a bit easer and just not get you as tired. is it just the right sweet spot in power? Not to much and not to little! I wonder if a 500 is just overkill?

Will I happier on the 350 OR will I like the 500 better?

Anyone know anything about KTM test ride events? Can you ride any bikes you want

I'm 49

5'11"

235 lb

On my 450 for 6 yrs

before that I was on a 06CRF 250x witch after the 450 bored the heck out of me when ever I rode it! I did not like it at all.

Just from everything you said, I think you would be happier on the 500. Also, if you can get the same power out of a bigger motor with less revs....yet have more power on tap, then you'll get more life out of the engine by not having to always ring it's neck ;)

I find the 350 very attractive, but am concerned about spending 10k on a bike, then becoming bored with it's power. The 500 from what I have read and seen is not lacking in the handling department. I believe it feels a lot lighter than what you would expect of a 500....

Just from everything you said, I think you would be happier on the 500. Also, if you can get the same power out of a bigger motor with less revs....yet have more power on tap, then you'll get more life out of the engine by not having to always ring it's neck ;)

I find the 350 very attractive, but am concerned about spending 10k on a bike, then becoming bored with it's power. The 500 from what I have read and seen is not lacking in the handling department. I believe it feels a lot lighter than what you would expect of a 500....

I have a buddy who is just a little older than you. He rides a plated KTM 350 and LOVES it. That bike gets along more than great on the trail and has awesome climbing power. Thinking my next 4T will be a 350 as well.

Thanks guys

How dose the 500 compare to my 450R witch is all stock? Pretty similar in power?

What weight is this bike sprung for in stock form?

I've come from a ktm450 down to the ktm350 and love it, loads of grunt easy to ride etc I've had it for nearly 2 years now and would/will buy another 350 next year