Sign in to follow this  

Selling bike/need advice

I am picking up a new ktm this weekend.  I have an 08 yamaha 250f that I will be selling.

I put aftermarket graphics and plastics on it after the second ride on the bike.  I have all the original stuff.  The OEM plastic is near mint condition.

The bike has only been woods ridden since I purchased it in 2009.  The bike has the usual wear and tear of 5 years of single track woods riding.

I personally think the aftermarket graphics look "cooler" than the OEM but they aren't in the best shape.  Would you leave the aftermarket plastics and graphics on the bike or put the OEM mint condition ones on to sell it?

Also if I do put the OEM ones on, would you include the aftermarket stuff?   I'm not trying to hide anything from anyone, I'm just trying to increase the appeal of my bike in order to get top dollar.

Thanks,

If the OEM plastic is near mint condition, I would put that back on since it's going to be better visually.  That's what I did when I sold my KX.  Check ebay for the aftermarket plastic to see if there is a market for it and if you can get anything for it.  If not, take pictures of it and throw it in with the bike.

• Like 2

Definitely put on the OEM graphics. As an added bonus & for marketing to help get it sold, you can offer to throw in the aftermarket graphics for free. 

I sold my last bike which was an 09 rmz450. The graphics that were on it were a tad rough, and I wasn't getting very many calls. So I took off the graphics and cleaned the plastics really well. I didn't alter the price, and it sold the next day. Everyone has a preference when it comes to the look of a bike, so make it as broad as you can. Cant argue with oem. Plus it gives the impression that the bike wasn't molested. They will make their impression of the bike in the first 5 seconds. It's all about appeal.