Sign in to follow this  

ProSeal Question

How does this ProSeal gasket provide a better seal than grease?  I have one here in my hand and I'm just not seeing it.

I've searched TT a bit the last 2 days and can't find an answer.

This is the only info I can find from their website:

Tired of the hassle and mess of air filter grease? PC Racing's Pro-Seal is the answer for a perfect filter to air box seal without the use of messy grease. This neoprene gasket adheres to the rim** inside the motorcycle's air box. The neoprene material creates a larger sealing surface and has memory for a perfect seal time after time. Due to the adhesives that are not affected by gas and oils, the Pro-Seal will not separate from the air box once installed. The Pro-Seal is available for most offroad motorcycles.

From the reviews on TT it's obvious it works, but I want to know the how and why of it.

Edited by SpunBearing

It is basically a neoprene (skin divers suit stuff) gasket. It works by adding a little thickness (abount 3/16") and being compressible material, conforms to shape irregularities.

Thanks Wm.

I guess where the irregular, non-flat surface of the air box meets the filter it provides a soft flexible surfact to fill those voids.

ABTW, the ProSeal marks another perfect order from the TT store.

:thumbsup:

I don't honestly see how it provides a BETTER seal than grease. Obviously it's a less messy one but I can't see how it's superior. I'll stick with grease.

I don't honestly see how it provides a BETTER seal than grease. Obviously it's a less messy one but I can't see how it's superior. I'll stick with grease.

This is what I'm debating.

Regardless, it's installed.

Maybe I'll use grease also.

• Like 1

I doubt it is any better than proper greasing. However, it is not about a better seal, it is about not having to grease at all.

If it's not "better" would you rate it as "the same?"

As in provides the same level of seal as grease?

If it's not "better" would you rate it as "the same?"

As in provides the same level of seal as grease?

I think so. Again, the advantage I see is no grease to apply or clean up. One less thing.

Moose filters have it on them as standard.

Ran one for 10 years until it finally started falling apart. It worked as advertised. Well worth it.  As good as grease.

Cool - thanks guys.

And pie your screen name cracks me up.

• Like 1