Sign in to follow this  

Which brand is the best

You only have 3 choices for 2008; the rm250, yz250, and the 250sx. The yz is said to have the best engine out of the three. 2007 was the last year for the CR250 and it wasn't bad. I talk about the honda just because your username. Honestly just pick whichever one you like

Edited by lucasz

Top speed is irrelevant, that varies depending on the sprocket setup on the bike. Anyways, I just got an 09 250sx and it's plenty of power coming from a yz125, enough to get you into trouble pretty quick.

So im 5/5 110lbs you guys think I will be good for these bikes?

IMO you're too small for a 250, you'll definitely need suspension work done being that you're 60-70 pounds less than the target weight. Get a 125, it's a lighter bike and much more suited for your size/weight... Trust me, I've owned them both.
  • Like 1

If you want the power by all means take it PERSONALLY I don't think a bike can have too much power BUT YOU have to respect it and only use it when you need it. Your really gonna appreciate having the extra power when you want it instead of having to work hard t gain it from a smaller bike. In theory a 125 would be the preferable bike for your height and weight but like I said before a 250 is NOT to big of a bike unless you were like 12 and didn't know what the heck you were doing. SO, MY advice is if you want the 250 go for it like I said it will have more power but you don't need to use it. Just take it for a test drive and that should determine whether or not you like the power or are too afraid. Now like I said A LOT of people are going to recommend the 125 but its up to you. For brand I believe a yz 250 is the most reliable engine with the cr 250 having the most power if you get it jetted right and love screaming it up top. So if you like having the bike wide open all the time cr if you want to jet it to drive crazy fast up top but lots of power down low its a toss up between a yz and a cr but the yz would be more reliable. So in other words Hard core racing cr trails and hard core racing cr for putting and fun racing yz. Or if you want to worry less about the maintenance yz if you want more hard core race performance with more maintenance cr. Either are good bikes it just comes up to what YOU want. I will advise stay away from Kawasaki my friend has had some problems with them but that's a different story. 

If you want the power by all means take it PERSONALLY I don't think a bike can have too much power BUT YOU have to respect it and only use it when you need it. Your really gonna appreciate having the extra power when you want it instead of having to work hard t gain it from a smaller bike. In theory a 125 would be the preferable bike for your height and weight but like I said before a 250 is NOT to big of a bike unless you were like 12 and didn't know what the heck you were doing. SO, MY advice is if you want the 250 go for it like I said it will have more power but you don't need to use it. Just take it for a test drive and that should determine whether or not you like the power or are too afraid. Now like I said A LOT of people are going to recommend the 125 but its up to you. For brand I believe a yz 250 is the most reliable engine with the cr 250 having the most power if you get it jetted right and love screaming it up top. So if you like having the bike wide open all the time cr if you want to jet it to drive crazy fast up top but lots of power down low its a toss up between a yz and a cr but the yz would be more reliable. So in other words Hard core racing cr trails and hard core racing cr for putting and fun racing yz. Or if you want to worry less about the maintenance yz if you want more hard core race performance with more maintenance cr. Either are good bikes it just comes up to what YOU want. I will advise stay away from Kawasaki my friend has had some problems with them but that's a different story. 

a down fall with the 250 is there tall bikes but they have so much power i think im going with 250 power wise and i can get some type of suspension lower something  

a down fall with the 250 is there tall bikes but they have so much power i think im going with 250 power wise and i can get some type of suspension lower something  

i wouldnt say tall, im 5,9 and fit on my yz250 with one foot flat and one on my toes and the forks were up all the way, i was flat footed on both on my friends yz125 so there isnt a huge differecne, they felt the same honestly. mine was a 2011 yz2502t and hers was a 2012 yz1252t and i hopped right on it and felt right at home. you can ride a 250 2t very smooth once you get used to it but if your a newer rider i would recommend a 125

i wouldnt say tall, im 5,9 and fit on my yz250 with one foot flat and one on my toes and the forks were up all the way, i was flat footed on both on my friends yz125 so there isnt a huge differecne, they felt the same honestly. mine was a 2011 yz2502t and hers was a 2012 yz1252t and i hopped right on it and felt right at home. you can ride a 250 2t very smooth once you get used to it but if your a newer rider i would recommend a 125

well im only 5/5 but ya im going to get a 250 2 stroke get thrown around a bit but i will get use to it 

5'5" 110 is pretty small.

Not sure how much experience you have but this could be a death sentence.  What bike are you coming off of?

• Like 1

5'5" 110 is pretty small.

Not sure how much experience you have but this could be a death sentence.  What bike are you coming off of?

i am coming off of an cr85  i have ridden a 125 a couple times it was very fun and i have pretty good experience on dirt bikes cr85 was my beginner bike i was 10 and was very  short i had to put one foot on the ground and keep one up when i was stopped, it threw me around a little but it was ok so i think i will be ok but i know i wont die    

Personally I wouldn't skip the 125 two stroke. It will still be a full sized bike and they have plenty of power. 

What is your budget? Will you be able to send the suspension from a 250 off to a shop for mods? It's a fairly expensive thing to do.

A 250 would be one of the worst things you could do at your height and weight IMO. There Is a reason why there are bikes in between and that's so you learn to ride properly. There are so many adults that can't ride the 250. I strongly suggest a 125.

What is your budget? Will you be able to send the suspension from a 250 off to a shop for mods? It's a fairly expensive thing to do.

around $2,500

Edited by HONDALOVER17

A 250 would be one of the worst things you could do at your height and weight IMO. There Is a reason why there are bikes in between and that's so you learn to ride properly. There are so many adults that can't ride the 250. I strongly suggest a 125.

that means those adults need real help all my friends have them there all around there same height no one of them has gotten hurt yet, but there all mostly wimps on there 250's   

Edited by HONDALOVER17

around $2,500

Figure in around $1k for suspension set up for your weight and lowering