Sign in to follow this  

04 RM250 flywheel weight

So I've been doin a lot of reading and everywhere I've read say a heavy flywheel weight would be best. And that the rm stock flywheel was lighter then most if not all 2stroke 250. Where can i get the heaviest weight. Ive been riding the bike for about 2 yrs now and just recently was able to buy it n call it my own(family) now i wanna turn this bone stock bike that is too peppy for tight nasty trail riding into a beast.

I have a 04 RM250 and I do mostly woods riding and racing,,,,and let Me tell You,,,get the ten-ounce stealthy FWW,,,its perfect for Your bike,,I notice the difference right away,,better traction,more controllable and better going thru deep mud,,,,and whenever You want the hyperactive fun, just twist the throttle a little bit more,, and it's there,,,,,,it's good for MX too,,,it was the best bolt on improvement I did to the old RM.............Dr.D..

I ended up with a couple weights... at this point though, I only run the 10oz. It's pretty much perfect. I rdie desert mostly, from fast and open to tight and technical as well as some moto.

My 03 came with an 8 oz and I havent tried taking it off yet but I think I am going to move to a larger weight. The bike spins up way too fast in the tight stuff. Would the difference between an 8 oz and 10 oz weight be noticable? Or should I go bigger?

My 03 came with an 8 oz and I havent tried taking it off yet but I think I am going to move to a larger weight. The bike spins up way too fast in the tight stuff. Would the difference between an 8 oz and 10 oz weight be noticable? Or should I go bigger?

I think You would feel the difference with the 10ozer, of course the bike has got to be jetted right for that roll-on power delivery,,as far as a FWW goes like Kenpo1 said, the ten is perfect for that Bike.............Dr.D..