Sign in to follow this  

CRF80 & XR80 1st time on MX track (video)

This weekend my son and I and a friend and his son went to a local MX track.  I took my RMZ 250 and my kids' CRF70 and CRF80.  My friend took his KTM 450 and XR80.  It was their 1st time, my 2nd. I wish my daughter could have went too, but she was at our grandparents house, so my son rode her CRF70 some.

Anywho, we rode for about 3 hours and got in one heck of a good workout. Afterwards, we stopped at a cool old school convenience store and got some food and a soda.  My boy, like most boys, doesn't really express his feelings much, but I could tell he loved the day!  It was an awesome bonding experience.  I can't wait to do it again with the whole family.
Check out the video and LMK what you think.  Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ueRHYsP2SI

That's awesome! I have 6 kids but only 1 shows an interest in motorcycles so I am hoping I will be able to take him out one day. After I  get him a bike of course. 

Back in the day..... 1970-ish, me and my friends BEGGED our parents for motorcycles, IF you got one it was game on, all you did was ride that thing.

Now... Fathers seem to beg the kid to ride, never works....

I can only thank my late Father for buying me like 9 motorcycles, (against my Mother's arguments) some used, some new from age 11 to 17. Not a day goes by that I don't recall something I learned because of those bikes, dealing with cops, people in general, fixing whatever happened, changing tires, pistons, etc... the list never ends.

I've had over 300 motorcycles since then, dirt and street, I raced expert level MX, Flattrack, A enduro, Vintage (thses were morden bikes when we had then in the 70s). I've had crotch rockets, Dual Sports (enduors to the old guys) Harleys.

I've broken 14 bones, enjoyed the benefits of my medical insurance for sure...

I'm 54... my good looking wife will go anywhere on my Harley, she loves it.

Now the grand kids as well as all the neighborhood kids love my garage, I always have 2 or 3 Honda XR80 & XR100s for the kids to use... 3 small XRs, 3 adult men and a case of beer is some goooood fun. That usually bring a good looking drunk mom asking to ride one.

All this is so politically incorrect but I've made some lifelong, good friends because of motorcycles.

Sorry to rant...

Edited by arthur6
  • Like 1

Here where I live in NW Louisiana all kids want to do is get a atv in a mud hole and most don't give a flip about dirt bikes.  All of our trails and fun places to ride have been shut down and posted.  We have to go to the National forest areas which are 50-100 miles away.  I can say my nephew loves to ride and it really brings back memories of me and my dad back in the day.   

Edited by Titanman