Sign in to follow this  

External battery for lights?

Hey, just wonderin. I'm planning to make my ktm exc 200 street legal, it has the lights and wiring done and it's technically a dual sport, in the Ontario law thing tho it says the lights must stay operational for 30 min with no engine, or 15 I forget, now the exc 200 has no battery so woul an external battery work and how could I put it on

Wire in two 12v battery packs for electric drills.

Can mount behind the headlight. Should be able to power for 15 min. Depending on the light.

I used these before to d/s a cr125. Also can use radio batteries, phone batteries, etc. Get battery packs rechargeable and lithium ion.

Which ownership does that bike have? A green coloured, blue platable one, or a pinkish coloured, green plate off road ownership? If you have the green coloured one, you are good to make the bike streetable. If it's the pink one, you are f'ked.

Which ownership does that bike have? A green coloured, blue platable one, or a pinkish coloured, green plate off road ownership? If you have the green coloured one, you are good to make the bike streetable. If it's the pink one, you are f'ked.

Normally you FK the pink right?

JK, I hav eno idea about Canadian color stickers or why they are necessary.

it's just white idk, it's an exc 200 it's been green plated but I called the mto and they said if i get a note from a dealer like mission cycle saying its road legal than it can be. I was looking at that trail tech x2 front. Head light so now i just need something small for rears. I still want the bike to power the rear i just want it for when I kill the bike

Before spending any time or money making the bike road legal, get that ownership straightened out. Once a bike is green plated, it's pretty hard to get it blue plated

Before spending any time or money making the bike road legal, get that ownership straightened out. Once a bike is green plated, it's pretty hard to get it blue plated

I called the mto and they said I just get a note from a dealer and bring it to them saying its ok to be on the street and that's it, either way u need a light for night riding

so go get the note, and get the blue plateable ownership for the bike. Then go to town on it......'cause it aint as easy as you were told to get that bike blue plated, and if it is, stop f'ing around, and go get it asap