2 stroke or 4 stroke

Okay guys I just want to make a FRIENDLY topic ab 2ts vs thumpers, just wanna here some personal opinions of what you have what you like and why you like it... Please no bashing or name calling bc some one has a dif opinon... Me personaly by my name you can tell I have a yz250" 2 stroke and Iv had a lot of 2 strokes and I just basically like the broad power band they have over the thumper...(please be nice)

Okay guys I just want to make a FRIENDLY topic ab 2ts vs thumpers, just wanna here some personal opinions of what you have what you like and why you like it... Please no bashing or name calling bc some one has a dif opinon... Me personaly by my name you can tell I have a yz250" 2 stroke and Iv had a lot of 2 strokes and I just basically like the broad power band they have over the thumper...(please be nice)

I felt like my 450 4s had a broader power band when compared to my 250 2s.  I like two strokes better because they are easier for me to work on and most of all I like how light they feel.

Edited by DirtSmoker250
  • Like 1

I think the four stroke actually has a broader powerband, to the point you can't really notice it.

I like both, depending on what I'm doing. I love to take my 2t out on the trails rippin' it up.

On the other hand, I also like to take the 450 out since it's relaxing when compared to the 2t.

In the sand, I love the 450 since it goes everywhere and turns on a dime, occasionally without me on it.

IV been on a handful of 450s not much tho and I'm a fan I like the tourqe and it's very relaxing and easy going compared to the 250 witch seems to scream

To me the 450 seems to just have endless power all the way thro the throttle but iv raced a couple with my 250 and they can't seem to hang in the 1/8

To me the 450 seems to just have endless power all the way thro the throttle but iv raced a couple with my 250 and they can't seem to hang in the 1/8

I think you must of misspoke or mistyped in your first post because that right there is the definition of a broad power band.  "seems to have endless power all the way through".

As far as drag racing goes a lot has to do with the rider but I will say the only time I have lost on my YZ250 in the dirt drag was against a KX450f. 

I like 2 stroke, I just love it when the powerband kicks in and just tries to rip you off of it and I just love the power In a 2 stroke I will not go to a 4 stroke unless I can't get parts or can not afford a 2 stroke, but I just love the little things and always had fun on them, the power never gets old.

If it's got wheels and an engine it's cool in my book.

I do currently ride a KX250 though, and I'm seriously considering getting a KTM 150SX just because they're so damn light and tossable.

Yes, you will love it. I came off an RMZ450 and it feels like a bicycle it's so light. Way lighter and makes me feel a lot more comfortable. Plus the seat is way softer than any Jap bike I've ridden.

Come to the dark side...

I think we can all agree that a 3 stroke fitted with a neon yellow powerband and glitter intake valves can't be beat.

Myself, I like the snappy feel of a 2 stroke. Not that I mind the more linear 4 stroke power band, but the weight is a downside for me.