Sign in to follow this  

need 04 250 jetting advice for pro circuit

I'm at 400ft... around 80 F right now. my current jetting is 178 main, 50 pilot, stock needle ( I think 2nd position from top. that's stock right?) ill have to check the air screw..

Mods are a wiseco piston, pro circuit platinum pipe, r304 silencer, and boyesen super stock reeds.

just wanted you guys opinion for the mods I have and what jetting if its around 50 F.

Also I bought the N3EW needle while I was doing a cheap order. should I use that or the needle that came for 04 models... I run 93 with klotz at 32:1. any comments, suggestions, insults are welcome.

Thanks Kenneth

Pro circuit has a spec for it. May stick a 180 or 182 in there just to see and tinker with your mix screw. Mine have never pulled 3rd clip or needed pilot changes, but i could see it pulling a bigger main if i put it under load consistently.

I was running 48 N3EJ2 175 with that set up in those conditions. As always go back to basics. See how far your air screw is out for highest idle and do plug chops.

I was running 48 N3EJ2 175 with that set up in those conditions. As always go back to basics. See how far your air screw is out for highest idle and do plug chops.

So I should screw it out until I get the highest idle?.. then adjust the idle?... I don't mess with jetting enough so I always get confused. that is about to change , thinking of selling my raptor 660 and put my time and money in this yz. does turning the air screw out make it leaner or richer?

Its my first dirt bike and first 2 stroke so iam all ears.

Edited by yz250474

Turning the air screw in makes it richer out makes it leaner. Google "Spanky's jetting guide" There is alot of good information there.

• Like 1