Sign in to follow this  

07 150RB Racing fuel what to use

My son races Motocross on  a 07 CRF150RB and loves it.  I have been using shell 93 octane and it has seems okay, but is there something better.  I have heard of people mixing 1/2 and 1/2 or adding something to pump gas.  I like my jetting except for the hanging idle which I am working on in another thread.  My son loves the smell of racing fuel.

start.jpg

grants bike.jpg

Try premium pump gas without ethanol, high octane race fuel is not required with a stock engine.

Try premium pump gas without ethanol, high octane race fuel is not required with a stock engine.

+1 but it may be hard to find. I had to Google for ethanol-free premium in my area, and there is only one place in a ten mile radius. 

My son races Motocross on a 07 CRF150RB and loves it. I have been using shell 93 octane and it has seems okay, but is there something better. I have heard of people mixing 1/2 and 1/2 or adding something to pump gas. I like my jetting except for the hanging idle which I am working on in another thread. My son loves the smell of racing fuel.

attachicon.gifstart.jpg

VP makes race fuel just for this called T4 and VPR. Both are pump gas replacements that make more power. Sunoco 110 is also good. If your son likes the smell at pro races that's VP PRO6 designed for highly modded race engines. It's also $175 for 5 gallons if you don't get deals.

I ran just regular 93, but it probably had ethanol in it.   As long as it doesn't knock, I'm good with it.  The last gas I use before I store it for winter will have to be ethanol free .... and I'll probably put some stabilizer or sea foam or whatever that stuff is.

• Like 1

Really no one said vp u4.4. This is the fuel to use. You will notice the difference and its cheaper than pro 6 $80 for 5 gallons run it when he is racing.

• Like 1

Save the money on fancy fuels. As 418Stroker said, just source ethanol free fuel. Spend the extra cash you'll save on training.

Unless your kid is a 'A' racer, it will not be a genie in a bottle.