Sign in to follow this  

Warning when ordering part on motosport, worst customer service ever

Hi,

I thought everyone should know this as you are all ordering parts online.

Everyone here probably knows Motosport. They are usually ok, but did someone ever need to deal with their customer service?

I ordered one small part for my clutch over a month ago and got it yesterday. It took 1 full month to deliver a small part + it came to the wrong address.

Why so long? Because it travelled many times around the world! That's right... I attached the ups log:

part1.png

part2.png

So what happened? I wrote about 10 emails to them, which I attached most of them here as well so you can see how much care about reading through the emails before replying:

From: Motosport.com Customer Service [mailto:customers@motosport.com]
Sent: jeudi 7 août 2014 03:35
To: xx
Subject: MotoSport order m4213684 (LTK11273028415834X)

MotoSport order m4213684   (LTK11273028415834X)

Hi, Max.  

Thanks for shopping MotoSport.com.

Your order m4213684 shipped via UPS 1Z6R646E6721226553 and was delivered today, 08/06 to 2220 Meridian Blvd, Suite # D4304, Minden, NV 89423.  We are terribly sorry that your delivery was delayed.  

The reason that it took so long to be delivered is because the address was entered, on-line and incorrectly, as 2220 Meridian Blvd, Suite # D4304, Minden, NV 89423, Thailand.  The address should have entered as 2220 Meridian Blvd, Suite # D4304, Minden, NV 89423, USA.  We are sincerely sorry that whomever entered your order for you made this error.  

All automated address-reading systems read the addresses from the bottom towards the top.  Because your order was addressed to Thailand, it was shipped to Thailand before anyone saw that it was addressed to Minden, Nevada.  We sincerely apologize for the systems not catching the address error before your package shipped. 

Please let us know if we can provide additional assistance about entering address information correctly.  

We appreciate your patience.  

Paul
MotoSport Gearhead
MotoSport.com
(888) 676-8853
"The Guys that Ride!"

---------------Original Message---------------

<xx >

Subject:

Re: MotoSport Contact Us Form Response (LTK11273028069134X)

Oi can please have the decency to reply to my emails and not saying yes we updated your address....

Have a look at the pictures attached, that's how you treat customers?

According to that you ignored all my emails and you even replied you updatedy address and now it's back in the US....

I'll def go on all offroad forums with this and make sure everyone knows how much your care about your repeated customers.

Best,

Maxime

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
customers@motosport.com>
To: <xx
>
Subject: MotoSport Contact Us Form Response (LTK11273028069134X)
Date: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 04:12

Hi Max,

Thanks for contacting us at MotoSport.com.

It looks like UPS has gotten the package back to the right side of the world again.  Unfortunately, the delay is due to UPS handling issues, and is beyond our control.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to tell us. Enjoy the day- go out and ride, we’ll talk to you later.

Thanks,

Damon
MotoSport Gearhead

MotoSport.com
(888) 676-8853
"The Guys that Ride!"

< xx >

Subject:

Hi,

I still haven't got my package, it's been almost a month. Can you please make things move forward asap.

Tacking number shows it went around the world 4 times already. What the heck...

1Z6R646E6721226553

Thank you, regards

Max

Sent from my HTC

mso_contact@motosport.com>
>
Date: Sat, Jul 26, 2014 00:17

Hi Max,

Thanks for contacting us at MotoSport.com.

I was able to get that address updated for you. They will be delivering it to the one you had provided me with. Thanks again for your patience on this one.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,

Kelin
MotoSport Gearhead

MotoSport.com
(888) 676-8853
"The Guys that Ride!"

<xx>

Subject:

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

A. Muang

50300 Chiang Mai

Thailand

Thank you and best regards,

Maxime

Sent from my HTC

mso_contact@motosport.com>
>
Date: Thu, Jul 24, 2014 23:26

Hi Max, 
Thanks for contacting MotoSport.com.  
 If you would please provide me with the correct address in Thailand. It was not included in the previous E-mails. That way I can get that all set up for you.   
 If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. 
Thanks, 
Kelin 
MotoSport Gearhead 

MotoSport.com 
(888)676-8853 
"The Guys that Ride!" 
In case this email does not fully answer your question, or you would like to contact us for any reason, simply reply to this email. 

========== Original Message ========== 

Subject: MotoSport Contact Us Form Response 
-= Order/Shipment Status Request =- 
Name: 
xxxxx 
Email: 
xx
Address: 
xxxx 
xxxxxxxx
Chiang Mai,  50300 TH
Phone Number: 
xxxxxxxx 

Customer Comment: 
Hi, 
I emailed you previously about my order that is now going around the world for a third time: http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking.cgi?TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&HTMLVersion=4.0&track=Track&InquiryNumber1=1Z6R646E6721226553 
Since the package is still travelling and I am waiting since the 11th to get it would it be possible that you sent it directly to my place (which is the address provided bellow) to save me 1 more week of forwarding the item from my US address to my location in Thailand.  
Thank you for your feedback 

-= More Info =- 
Order Number: m4213684 
Browser: Google Chrome (36.0.1985.125) on Windows 7 
IP: 110.164.212.148 
icid: 
webid: 453282953 
More Info: baa_b 

And I omitted all the emails that didn't get answered so didn't make it in the email thread.

Basically they replied twice saying they have updated my address when this is obviously a lie...

And this is the condition of the package when I received it:

picture.jpg

How messed up. Why wouldn't they just ship you another one and return the item to stock when they got it back? Waiting for stuff to get shipped and delivered blows.

• Like 2

That sucks. Didn't know Thailand had a Nevada, or a zipcode like the US.

Do they even have someone look at the packages before sending them?

This is great, bad for you but damn that part saw the world! Never in my life haha

To funny, i never shop at motosport, but since that part traveled more places then all of us here combined id sleep with it under my pillow,

I ordered from Motosport one time, they sent me a warped fuel tank and the wrong spokes. I called them and they sent me a more expensive tank and refunded the spokes. 

I guess it's kind of random. 

Jk,kinda...this happened to my cousin with tires...he ordered them about a month ago still has no idea where they are,he called Motorsport and they basically said oh well,not our problem..

I have never had any issues with orders from Motosport, however, I prefer to shop at Rocky Mountain ATV as their customer service is down right awesome -- see below: 

About a month ago, I ordered some carb parts from Rocky Mt. They were shipped from their UT warehouse via USPS. I ordered the parts on a Monday afternoon so they were scheduled to arrive on Thursday (which was 2 days before I was leaving for a week long vacation). Unfortunately, USPS lost the package and told me I had to wait at least 5 days after the scheduled delivery date before I could file a claim. I really needed the parts before I left for vacation on Saturday so I called RM on Friday to see what they could do. Not only did they overnight a new order to me, they also gave me a $15 gift certificate that I was able to use on my next purchase. RM ended up paying about $50 to overnight about $80 worth of parts. It doesn't get any better than that! 

• Like 1

Did you ever call them and ask for another part to be shipped with expedited delivery? I'd wager your snarky response put you down on the list...

• Like 2

I have never had any issues with orders from Motosport, however, I prefer to shop at Rocky Mountain ATV as their customer service is down right awesome -- see below:

About a month ago, I ordered some carb parts from Rocky Mt. They were shipped from their UT warehouse via USPS. I ordered the parts on a Monday afternoon so they were scheduled to arrive on Thursday (which was 2 days before I was leaving for a week long vacation). Unfortunately, USPS lost the package and told me I had to wait at least 5 days after the scheduled delivery date before I could file a claim. I really needed the parts before I left for vacation on Saturday so I called RM on Friday to see what they could do. Not only did they overnight a new order to me, they also gave me a $15 gift certificate that I was able to use on my next purchase. RM ended up paying about $50 to overnight about $80 worth of parts. It doesn't get any better than that!

This.

The way I see it, as long as a company owns up to their mistakes and attempts to correct them, they're alright in my book and I'll use them again. If they mess up and give me a middle finger, then that impression will last and I would never use them again, plus I would tell others about my experience like the OP is doing now.

Bad impressions have a bigger effect than good ones since people would rather see the bad in things than the good.

• Like 1

Sounds like to me your beef is with the shipping/delivery company not the supplier

I figured that comment would come up and while it has truth

I received a shipping confirmation from UPS that My XR's Only package was shipped and on time 

interesting thing   is the last time I ordered from XR's the parts were garbage and I sent them back  a year ago  took forever to get a refund and Paypal was involved but it was all a done deal

so what happened??    XR's shipped me something by mistake  (  My Problem right ?? not their deal right ?  I wish )

lol  UPS had that order turned around and headed back to XR's only withing hours 

so don't think the   company that sent a package  can't get shit done on the shippers end when they want to

they should have redirected that fubared order back to them  and sent the customer a new order IMHO

Edited by Zimman