Sign in to follow this  

Trip computer issues

My trip comp stopped working around 480 miles, few months back,  Has anyone run into a similar issue/fix?

Battery? The Voyager calls for battery replacement once a year I believe. I had loose connections behind the headlight that caused the speedo to glitch.

Battery? The Voyager calls for battery replacement once a year I believe. I had loose connections behind the headlight that caused the speedo to glitch.

That was the first thing i tried, replaced it with a new one and checked the voltage on the original, was within spec. It turns on but doesnt read while riding... Does the magnet on the rotor have to pass right over the sensor  or be "close" i wonder.  

Yes or it won't read out. Check the second connection from the left behind the head light too. There are four of them in a row in a bracket.

Ive heard rumor that somebody has a dual connector, one for speedo to TT Voyager and the other for speedo to OEM dash. Anybody know if its true?

The OEM cable has to be close to the rotating magnet. I'm not impressed with the OEM cables, long story. I use a TrailTech cable now on my RS.....

2014 Beta RS bike with the TrailTech computer, does not use a TrailTech cable, same cable as other models...

That was the first thing i tried, replaced it with a new one and checked the voltage on the original, was within spec. It turns on but doesnt read while riding... Does the magnet on the rotor have to pass right over the sensor  or be "close" i wonder.

brokenwire.jpg

Found the culprit, broken wire in the cable.  Looks like they use the same cable for a few applications and snip off what they dont need.  Wonder if the brown wire got partially snipped by accident.

brokenwirefixed.jpg

Stripped ends and soldered back together,  sealed with shrink tube.  Fixed

I'm following this thread closely. The TT Voyager has had a lot of failures years before mounting them on the Beta OEM. Hopefully this will be a small problem. 

They do have their issues. My tach shows my idle at 4200 some days. It dropped in and out till I found a loose connector.