Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Trip computer issues

Recommended Posts

My trip comp stopped working around 480 miles, few months back,  Has anyone run into a similar issue/fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battery? The Voyager calls for battery replacement once a year I believe. I had loose connections behind the headlight that caused the speedo to glitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battery? The Voyager calls for battery replacement once a year I believe. I had loose connections behind the headlight that caused the speedo to glitch.

That was the first thing i tried, replaced it with a new one and checked the voltage on the original, was within spec. It turns on but doesnt read while riding... Does the magnet on the rotor have to pass right over the sensor  or be "close" i wonder.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes or it won't read out. Check the second connection from the left behind the head light too. There are four of them in a row in a bracket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive heard rumor that somebody has a dual connector, one for speedo to TT Voyager and the other for speedo to OEM dash. Anybody know if its true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OEM cable has to be close to the rotating magnet. I'm not impressed with the OEM cables, long story. I use a TrailTech cable now on my RS.....

2014 Beta RS bike with the TrailTech computer, does not use a TrailTech cable, same cable as other models...

That was the first thing i tried, replaced it with a new one and checked the voltage on the original, was within spec. It turns on but doesnt read while riding... Does the magnet on the rotor have to pass right over the sensor  or be "close" i wonder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  brokenwire.jpg

Found the culprit, broken wire in the cable.  Looks like they use the same cable for a few applications and snip off what they dont need.  Wonder if the brown wire got partially snipped by accident.

 

brokenwirefixed.jpg

Stripped ends and soldered back together,  sealed with shrink tube.  Fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm following this thread closely. The TT Voyager has had a lot of failures years before mounting them on the Beta OEM. Hopefully this will be a small problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do have their issues. My tach shows my idle at 4200 some days. It dropped in and out till I found a loose connector. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...