Sign in to follow this  

Motocross RJ Hampshire Unadilla predictions. What are his moto scores?

Like most amateur athletes he seems to have a lot of hype around him. He's been training with Ferry and riding at Chads. Timmy thinks he's ready for the pro's. Hard not to think that after his great 6/6 moto wins at Lorettas this last week. So where do you think he will finish this weekend? 

I say 5-8 moto scores. 

Dilla is pretty rough, conditioning will be a factor. IMO lucky to crack top 10 overall, so I'd say 5-8 is a reach.

• Like 2

He has top 5 speed and is in grear shape but I don't think he will get top 5. Riding your first national isn't easy and unless the kid is very composed he will be nervous,  holding on to tight, holding his breath etc etc. So I predict he will look very fast at times, he will also fade not being used to the competition and lobg motos, 8-12. 

Not knocking any rider that was at LL's but he has NOT faced competition like he will this weekend.

I am betting it will be the roughest track he's ever raced too

• Like 2

i guess 7-8. Smith has a injured ankle but i think he will finish 12th OA. I think these guys are the new tomac and barcia.

Bell and Bisceglia didn't exactly turn out to be top 10 talent, not sure if these guys will be any different.

He has top 5 speed and is in grear shape but I don't think he will get top 5. Riding your first national isn't easy and unless the kid is very composed he will be nervous,  holding on to tight, holding his breath etc etc. So I predict he will look very fast at times, he will also fade not being used to the competition and lobg motos, 8-12. 

Not trying to argue here, just wondering what reasoning you're using. Top 5 speed?

J Mart

C Webb

B Bag

Moose Skin

J Bog

Pourcel

J Andersen

At this moment, it's hard to believe he can beat any of these on his best day. I hope he shows us something, but again, if he cracks top 10, I'd give him a  :thumbsup:    I'm talking moto results of course, not merely getting a good start and running with the leaders for 4 or 5 laps, which I would still be impressed with.

• Like 3

Like most amateur athletes he seems to have a lot of hype around him. He's been training with Ferry and riding at Chads. Timmy thinks he's ready for the pro's. Hard not to think that after his great 6/6 moto wins at Lorettas this last week. So where do you think he will finish this weekend? 

I say 5-8 moto scores. 

RJ is a great kid with a ton of potential, but a top 5 at his first national will be pushing it. I hope he does top 5 but reality tells me 8 to 12 range, and that would be good.

Bell and Bisceglia didn't exactly turn out to be top 10 talent, not sure if these guys will be any different.

Bell, another kid with loads of speed, but needs to catch a break. He was faster then Webb, Martin and Ciencurrilo when they were amatuers but injuries have killed that kid.  

Not trying to argue here, just wondering what reasoning you're using. Top 5 speed?

J Mart

C Webb

B Bag

Moose Skin

J Bog

Pourcel

J Andersen

At this moment, it's hard to believe he can beat any of these on his best day. I hope he shows us something, but again, if he cracks top 10, I'd give him a  :thumbsup:    I'm talking moto results of course, not merely getting a good start and running with the leaders for 4 or 5 laps, which I would still be impressed with.

From watching him and comparing him to the guys he's riding with.  

I'll go with 8-12, if the pressure, track, and length don't get to him. I in that case, 15th would be a good first overall.

I doubt any of the current top 10 guys will be giving him a free pass, nobody wants to be shown up by a kid fresh from Loretta's 

J Mart

C Webb

B Bag

Moose Skin

J Bog

Pourcel

J Andersen

Yeah after you listed all of those guys i think my predictions are way too much lol. He sounded very confident in his racerx interview. but after reading the list he may have a new attitude after Dilla. 

Ended up tied for 11th in points on the day, not bad for his first race.

• Like 1