Sign in to follow this  

New vforce reeds, am I running lean? Honda cr250r

Hi I just installed a set of Vforce reeds, and put a new spark plug in before the track last Sunday. I pulled my plug to see if it would indicate if I am running to lean. What do you think?

Thanks.

Spark plug1.jpeg

spark plug2.jpeg

You might be a little rich but I would leave it, What does Vforce recommend for jetting?

That's how I like my plugs to look from a cocoa brown to slight rich black color.   I'd leave it unless you do trail riding & aren't really in the higher part of the rpms.     

• Like 1

You might be a little rich but I would leave it, What does Vforce recommend for jetting?

Moto Tassinari's Vforce reeds page says that it can not make recommendations on jetting due to there being so many factors. But it also says the jetting for the stock reeds should work fine. I'm ok with it being a little rich as long as Im not to lean. When i pulled the plug i wasnt sure what i was looking at since the tip was black but everything else was so clean.

If you use 32:1 oil mix go one size lower on the main. if you run 50:1 leave it like that

I mix 32:1 and use 91 pump gas.

That's how I like my plugs to look from a cocoa brown to slight rich black color.   I'd leave it unless you do trail riding & aren't really in the higher part of the rpms.     

I just started riding track and plan on sticking with it.

I go by sound and feel.  As long as you don't have any rich "blubbers" or lean "bogs", I would leave it alone, unless you have splooge coming out the back of the pipe, then you are too rich.

I go by sound and feel.  As long as you don't have any rich "blubbers" or lean "bogs", I would leave it alone, unless you have splooge coming out the back of the pipe, then you are too rich.

Actually the "splooge" has gotten alot better since I started riding the track, I havent had the bike to long and since I put the reeds in, I reset the idle and air screw back to stock because the bike was running funny, once they were installed and the carb back to stock there is a huge difference in throttle response and the sound of the bike (the old reeds were chipped around the edges). Thats why I checked the new spark plug to see if I was running to lean, Sound wise its not bogging it seems louder or crisper even.   

What is your jetting? what year bike mods etc.. we might be able to get you close.. that looks a little on the rich side or like it idled for a while.