Leak at the shifter shaft

I have a leak that appears to be coming from the shifter shaft. It looks like oily water. It could be coming from somewhere else and running down but I don't think so. Any idea on what it might be and how to fix it? Stupid question but the only fluids we need in these bikes are oil and maybe brake fluid right? So if I keep the oil level up I can live with the leak for a while?

Pull your oil dipstick.if it doesn`t look like water,,like you say on the floor,then the shift seal is not your main leak..

if your oil looks the same on the dipstick,,like water,you have issues...

I would clean the mess off.and really see where the mess is leaking from,it could be air filter oil coming out of the side cover and dripping down........or a disconnected hose to or from the oil seperator...

i would want to know for certain exactly what the leak was,then decide if it`s an issue or not..

B

Water will settle in the bottom, remember water is denser than oil. Do you ride short distances often? Condensation can accumulate because of that.

Is the crankcase vented properly? If not, vapor, including water vapor, cannot easily escape the crankcase. If you left the OEM breather system on but some how hooked it to the bottom line of the air box boot instead of the top, water could ingress much more easily.

Edited by Onederer