Sign in to follow this  

Custom headlight

Has anyone else done anything for their headlights? This is what I have done is a HID projector that's high and low that's retro fitted into my stock housing

1407385442806.jpg

1407385462612.jpg

• Like 1

My headlight is still stock, I would like to upgrade it but haven't found anything yet. Take a picture of it on a dark road with no lights around I'd like to see how it projects. The road I take to work in the morning ( 4am ) has a few deer on it.

i am interested in this also...  i have a 60w lamp in mine and its much better then stock believe it or not...  how much was the whole swap and is it a vast improvement? was it hard to swap out? anything special needed???

Has anyone else done anything for their headlights? This is what I have done is a HID projector that's high and low that's retro fitted into my stock housing

Nice Job ...  :thumbsup:  ... and it has a real nice clean look to it as well ....  :prof: 

Can you share the links for parts and some more info of what and how you did this ? 

post-409452-14073854437045.jpg

post-409452-14073854630074.jpg

• Like 1

The lights I got from a friend. Right now the HID bulb is the wrong one so the projector does not project well. With a halogen works great but I think it gets hot.

1407512545946.jpg

• Like 2

That's the only bad thing about HID the light drops off sharply. Is there a way you can put it upside down so the sharp light line is just a couple of feet in front of you?

I painted it black myself and that picture is with a halogen bulb and that's low beam the high beam doesn't have that cut off. The projector has a flap to change it

• Like 2

so when you are making turns, can you only see like 10 feet in front of you??? i know i have my headlight so it is just at the bottom of a car center rear view mirror...  and when i make some of my turns, it puts my light facing at the ground pretty much...   lol

• Like 1

I painted it black myself and that picture is with a halogen bulb and that's low beam the high beam doesn't have that cut off. The projector has a flap to change it

did you use spray on tint? i only used it on my Rc's...  it was tricky...  it would actually melt into the plastic... you had to do super light coats till desired darkness...

• Like 1

No its not bad actually it stays way out and its crazy bright! I can't wait to get the right HID bulb

• Like 1

And eyeopenher I used engine enamel because of the heat and do about 10 very light coats so it wouldn't run

• Like 2

I will get a full detailed write up for you guys when I put the HID back in and run it to make sure nothing melts ;) haha but it looks to be so bright it might be unnecessary with an HID. And yes it is high and low beams!!

• Like 1

And Also the black is not the outer lens it is the shinny lens on the inside. The projector does not use the factory reflector

And Also the black is not the outer lens it is the shinny lens on the inside. The projector does not use the factory reflector

AHHHHH, i see said the blind man...  i thought you tinted the lens...  you blacked out the optics....  very good...  i like it...  

Yeah I figured the reflector is useless because the projector has its own it the tinted lens never works out...in person it looks like a black hole with an eye!! Its really cool!! Im thinking of slitting the housing again and doing small LED strips on each side as a running light!

Yeah I figured the reflector is useless because the projector has its own it the tinted lens never works out...in person it looks like a black hole with an eye!! Its really cool!! Im thinking of slitting the housing again and doing small LED strips on each side as a running light!

i should change my name to blackholeopenher....  lol  sorry, i digress... hahaha  anyways, i think that would be awesome...  i just noticed the other night that my buddy's fz09 has littel led's at 10oclock and 3 ocklock  running lights around his headlight...  he's gonna wire them up to be his flashers...   you can see them from the sides...  

but i like what you have done...  i like the eye in the black hole!!!!   

I figured it was different ya know and hmmm maybe amber ones in there for turn signals.... You got me thinking now

• Like 1