Custom headlight

My headlight is still stock, I would like to upgrade it but haven't found anything yet. Take a picture of it on a dark road with no lights around I'd like to see how it projects. The road I take to work in the morning ( 4am ) has a few deer on it.

Has anyone else done anything for their headlights? This is what I have done is a HID projector that's high and low that's retro fitted into my stock housing

Nice Job ...  ?  ... and it has a real nice clean look to it as well ....  :prof: 

Can you share the links for parts and some more info of what and how you did this ? 

post-409452-14073854437045.jpg

post-409452-14073854630074.jpg

• Like 1

I painted it black myself and that picture is with a halogen bulb and that's low beam the high beam doesn't have that cut off. The projector has a flap to change it

did you use spray on tint? i only used it on my Rc's...  it was tricky...  it would actually melt into the plastic... you had to do super light coats till desired darkness...

• Like 1

I will get a full detailed write up for you guys when I put the HID back in and run it to make sure nothing melts ? haha but it looks to be so bright it might be unnecessary with an HID. And yes it is high and low beams!!

• Like 1

Yeah I figured the reflector is useless because the projector has its own it the tinted lens never works out...in person it looks like a black hole with an eye!! Its really cool!! Im thinking of slitting the housing again and doing small LED strips on each side as a running light!

Yeah I figured the reflector is useless because the projector has its own it the tinted lens never works out...in person it looks like a black hole with an eye!! Its really cool!! Im thinking of slitting the housing again and doing small LED strips on each side as a running light!

i should change my name to blackholeopenher....  lol  sorry, i digress... hahaha  anyways, i think that would be awesome...  i just noticed the other night that my buddy's fz09 has littel led's at 10oclock and 3 ocklock  running lights around his headlight...  he's gonna wire them up to be his flashers...   you can see them from the sides...  

but i like what you have done...  i like the eye in the black hole!!!!