Sign in to follow this  

New poster intro

Wanted to intro myself before diving in.

I recently bought a project 2000 yz125. This is why I'm starting here.

I raced mx and off road for years and got side tracked. Well I'm back and I'm now totally junked out on bikes again.

I'm hoping I can add a lot to the discussions. I have a lot of experience racing and working in the motorcycle business. So hopefully I'll learn a lot and make some good contributions.

I'm 42 and decided my mx days should be behind me, should. ;)

But I'm hoping one n back I'm shape maybe do some off road events. In the day I enjoyed those events more anyhow.

When I was active I lived in Ohio which had plenty of tracks and great off road places.

I'm now in Indy and wondered where people rode. I'm of course familiar with haspin and the bad lands but what is there outside of there.

Thanks guys and girls.

Edited by Supertuner_tb

Welcome back, good bike.

I stopped racing while I was in the service for several years, but jumped back in not long after returning home. I have a few years on you and I'm still at it.

Maniac, that's funny. I've always said it's the worst kind of addiction.

Edited by Supertuner_tb
  • Like 1

Bronc, thanks for your service. My break wasn't so noble. But I've been racing one way or another either way since.

Yeah at 42 I'm still feeling strong. That's why I figure I better start riding again before I'm done done. :)

Edited by Supertuner_tb

Bronc, thanks for your service. My break wasn't so noble. But I've been racing one way or another either way since.

Yeah at 42 I'm still feeling strong. That's why I figure I better start riding again before I'm done done. :)

Welcome to TT!  Have you thought that 42 isn't that old for a senior class MX?  Ge back in shape for a year or 2 and then think about it again!  For places to ride in Indy, post something in the regional sub-forum for indy and I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions.  

Welcome to TT! Have you thought that 42 isn't that old for a senior class MX? Ge back in shape for a year or 2 and then think about it again! For places to ride in Indy, post something in the regional sub-forum for indy and I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions.

You're right. I don't feel old at all. I'm not over weight but my endurance level is way way down. That wouldn't take long if riding regular.

But I don't have a job that is conducive to to serious a injury. Which when I raced I never really had anyway.

But I figure I'll be dead one day and don't want look back and think I didn't do something I really wanted while still capable.

Maybe if I find a nice natural terrain track I would. But otherwise I'm more likely headed to a hare scrabble or cross country for my fix these days.

Plus now I feel super old. When I quit racing senior guys were ancient. Now I'm one. Crap, is this a mid life crisis? Lol

Edited by Supertuner_tb

You're right. I don't feel old at all. I'm not over weight but my endurance level is way way down. That wouldn't take long if riding regular.

But I don't have a job that is conducive to to serious a injury. Which when I raced I never really had anyway.

But I figure I'll be dead one day and don't want look back and think I didn't do something I really wanted while still capable.

Maybe if I find a nice natural terrain track I would. But otherwise I'm more likely headed to a hare scrabble or cross country for my fix these days.

Plus now I feel super old. When I quit racing senior guys were ancient. Now I'm one. Crap, is this a mid life crisis? Lol

I think you have to change your mindset!  You're not "old".  You're REALLY experienced.   That's kind of cute but I'm really not joking.  I never had a serious injury either.  Even for harescrambles, you have to get back in shape or crashes and injuries are more likely..  Keep in mind those other senior class riders quite possibly have less experience that you.  For conditioning, there's LOTS of help here on TT on what to work on and how to do it - other than just RIDING, which I always thought was WAY more fun than exercising.

Nah I mostly just like joking about my age. I'm pretty young at heart. Just ran into a buddy at my pub. Told him about the bike and he said right on we'll have to go riding. I was like what. He said yeah I've got a cr250 and a 450f. So finding riding buddies already. Lol

Once I figure out how to post pics I'll start a project thread on it.

Edited by Supertuner_tb
  • Like 2