Sign in to follow this  

Mx /ATV boots..

Seeing how I'm new to riding a dirt bike,had tons of quads In the past....dad told me I should get a pair of MX boots,did some research and seeing how I do mostly muddy,rough terrain trails I went with Thor blitz ATV boot...anyone else have/had them? And what's the best way to break them in? I tried a pair(different brand) at my dealer and it felt like my foot was in a vice..and I know I'm not the only one with wide feet so there must be a good way to do it..

Soak the boots in a tub of water, take them out after they are completely saturated, wear till dry, then treat with a sealant. If the plastic part of the boot still gives you problems, heat (mildly) in an oven, wear till cooled, reheat the boot until warm and treat with a sealant.

• Like 1

Update,got my boots delivered today,wicked tight...manned up and wore em,move around a bit,took the 450 around the yard,felt better...just put em back on and walked home in them,about a 10 minute walk all up hill,seems like the heels are the worst part so far...might try out soaking them tomorrow and wear them around or take the bike out

They're the ATV boot,guessing a little softer on the shin than regular MX boots seeing how I can move my ankle

1407531511730.jpg

1407531522246.jpg