Sign in to follow this  

1993 yz 250 clutch problem

I just recently bought a 93 yz 250 I got it running the other day and rode it for about 2 hours and everything was fine. Then let it sit for about 10 minutes and was going it ride it again. I've been having to push start it because the piston needs to be replaced but this time I drop it in first and pop the clutch and nothing. Even if I put it in gear and try kicking it doesn't want to move while in gear. Is it possible that the clutch could start slipping that fast or is it something else?

Edited by kiing ron

Yes, it's possible.  Does the oil smell burnt?  It is also possible that your clutch cable is broke, stretched, or just needs adjusting.  Try 2nd gear?

Where in Florida are you?  I might know someone who can help you.

Edited by Still Bill

Yes, it's possible. Does the oil smell burnt? It is also possible that your clutch cable is broke, stretched, or just needs adjusting. Try 2nd gear?

Where in Florida are you? I might know someone who can help you.

I tried in all gears that's why I believe it to be a clutch / cable problem. I hsvnt checked the cable as it was late when it happened. I havbt checked the oil either . I will check them both today or tomorrow and let you know. I live in Sarasota about 50 Mike's south of Tampa

Also I forgot to mention that the guy I bought it from told me the oil seal for the water pump shaft was bad and that it leaks a little water into the oil could that make the clutch slip that fast?