Sign in to follow this  

Raptor 700 slip on

I would stay away from running only a slip on. It is only producing sound not horsepower. The bikes run lean from the factory so even if you went the route of installing the slip on I would look into a fuel controller. You can get a dobeck style for less than $100.

I'm happy with it for now, but my next thing will probably be a K&N filter without lid and a fuel controller of some sort. Your raptor looks sweet btw

Your biggest bang for the buck would be a fuel controller, the K&N filter kit, swap that slip on for full exhaust system. Doing that will gain up to 10 hp. Very noticeable power difference. But, to keep it affordable when you get that fuel controller remove your air box lid. Allows more air and is noticeable power increase as well. Thanks for the compliment, I have more done to it since that pic. Mod bug infests deep, lol

Yeah haha it does. Idk I am happy with the slip on. It actually made it a lot snappier than the stocker which I wasn't expecting. And I've put a ton of work and money into my raptor over the winter so I'll leave it the way it is for a while

Since you already have the Lexx exhaust, get yourself the Lexx power programmer for your 700. It will make a big difference on performance in combo with the Lexx exhaust. BTW, getting a K&N air filter for your 700 is a waste of money. You will see the same HP gain by simply removing the air box lid and keeping the stock air filter. The only way to get a real HP gain aside from removing the air box lid is to get a Fuel Customs intake. It's a completely new air system and replaces the air horn and other intake components. Wish you the best with your new toy! Cheers - Pete - FMSI

The FCI would not be beneficial on what he has going. It is just a slip on. The billet adapter pro motion type would be fine. But, I do agree that if you start to "mod" your bike with a true "big3" set up, get the FCI and then any future mods would be beneficial. Expect to pay ballpark $1000 for a good set up. True duals, FCI, power commander 5. Plenty of options once/if you decide to go that route.

I have a big gun evo r complete system on my raptor 660r and it is way louder then stock. I put a quite core insert into it so I can ride in the in the ca national forest land.

If you're looking for power I HIGHLY suggest the full sparks racing exhaust system. Sounds sweet and gives noticeable gains. 100% worth the money.