What is the consensus on the best way to attach your handgrips?  With or without wrap around handgards.  I am getting ready to put some new grips on and I was wondering if anyone had come up with a better way than glue and wire.

Thanks,

Dan

What is the consensus on the best way to attach your handgrips? With or without wrap around handgards. I am getting ready to put some new grips on and I was wondering if anyone had come up with a better way than glue and wire.

Thanks,

Dan

Glue and wire bro !! Nobody wants grips slipping.

I spit on the inside of the grip and slip it on bar.  Then safety wire in four places. I have full hand guards with open ends and have never had a slip.  No glue, soap, etc.

Not than any other method that works is any different.  This is just my method and I have had no issues until the grip gets worn to replacement time.

Odi lock on grips are the way to go. Super easy to install and remove. Sticky glue residue and safety wire is a thing of the past. 

I'll have to try those. I use ProTaper pilow-tops with a shot of clear Krylon spray paint and safety wire (3 per grip).

I'll have to try those.

I'm at about 15 hrs with mine, and they haven't loosened, moved, torn, fell apart, etc.

If you use bark busters you gotta cut the rubber around the end then take a long screwdriver and punch out the plastic knock out.

The throttle tube comes with a 4st cam and a 2st cam.  It came with 2 cams, I think one was for 4st.

I got mine at the TT Store.

Edited by SpunBearing

I'm at about 15 hrs with mine, and they haven't loosened, moved, torn, fell apart, etc.

If you use bark busters you gotta cut the rubber around the end then take a long screwdriver and punch out the plastic knock out.

The throttle tube comes with a 4st cam and a 2st cam. It came with 2 cams, I think one was for 4st.

I got mine at the TT Store.

When ordering them you get the choice of 4 stroke or 2 stroke grips, the two cams that come in the box are for different bike models of that stroke, I made the mistake of buying the 4 stroke set for my YZ.

• Like 1

I wire my grips on with no glue. Wire each grip in 3 places tightly. I actually use WD-40 for ease of installation (I realize something like hairspray or windex would be better though). I have never had one spin on me.

The main reason I don't use glue though is because I run grip heaters under my grips and want to be able to change grips without needing to change the heating elements also.

I wire my grips on with no glue. Wire each grip in 3 places tightly. I actually use WD-40 for ease of installation (I realize something like hairspray or windex would be better though). I have never had one spin on me.

The main reason I don't use glue though is because I run grip heaters under my grips and want to be able to change grips without needing to change the heating elements also.

Yep same here on the grip heaters.