Sign in to follow this  

California Bottom of Whata LPNF

Planing a dual sport ride this weekend in lpnf. FS site says whata is open, but what happens at the bottom? Is it open to the right? East frazier is closed all the way up, but is tejon only close to whata? My plan was up 118, down whata, and out gold hill st to gold hill pavement.

Thanks

The last I was on it about 2 months ago.  You could get to Lockwood Valley and Gold Hill road from the bottom of Whata.

The last I was on it about 2 months ago.  You could get to Lockwood Valley and Gold Hill road from the bottom of Whata.

+1

I rode it 1-1/2 months ago from top of Gold Hill to Lockwood. Intersection at bottom of Whata was un-obstructed to Tejon Tr & E. Frazier but is blocked at Gorman entrance. I didn't investigate further but I read in ADV that someone poached Tejon & E.-Frazier to the top. Piru Cr, Miller, Grade, Halfmoon also open.

Yellowjacket is open from both sides but has all but disappeared in the burn area, I barely made it through all of the dead-fall and go-arounds. I told the FS about this way back last fall or whenever they opened it and they have done NOTHING. I think some of us should get up there with a chainsaw and do some stealth trail maintenence on Yellowjacket before it disappears and we lose it forever.

19w03 (Tejon) is closed at Gorman side.

8n24 (east frasier) is closed at the Goman side and at the top.

Everything else is open.

If you choose to inclulde Tejon as part  of your ride, don't go past Arrasta as you go down, or you will have to turn around at the locked gate.

We were there on Sunday . . . the gate for Whata is open and you can take it down to Tejon and out Gold Hill, but if you go the other way, when you get to the end of Long Dave the gate is closed for some odd reason.

Thanks, good to know, fs site says long dave is open. 

Edited by Fasz Kalap