Sign in to follow this  

Sm tube sizes?

So im looking at bike bandit (best price for pilot powers) and i need tubes for my tires. im going to be using 120/70/17 and 150/60/17. What tube sizes will work? I cant find a chart that converts those specific sizes. and are HD tubes really that much better? 

I know HD tubes are said to be better for off roading,  to resist punctures and pinch flats while riding with lower PSI,  but they are really heavy,  i would not run HD tubes on the street,  i see no need for them,  the HD tubes weigh twice as much as stock tubes. 

• Like 2

Jawknee , the bikebandit site has a tube section , you can find what you want there . With tubes , you can use similar or close to the size you want . It doesnt have to be a 120/70 x 17 for a 120/70 x17 , you can use a 110/70 or 80 or use a 130/60 or 70 or 80 , if you get my drift . If you use a smaller tube , then dont reuse it when you change your tyre again . If you use a larger tube , check it for folds , if it has one throw it and replace . greg

• Like 1

Jawknee , the bikebandit site has a tube section , you can find what you want there . With tubes , you can use similar or close to the size you want . It doesnt have to be a 120/70 x 17 for a 120/70 x17 , you can use a 110/70 or 80 or use a 130/60 or 70 or 80 , if you get my drift . If you use a smaller tube , then dont reuse it when you change your tyre again . If you use a larger tube , check it for folds , if it has one throw it and replace . greg

thats what i thought.  you think i can use this for both or just the front? IRC Motorcycle Tube can i stretch a 5.10 for the back? 150 mm to inches is 5.9 inches..

Edited by jawknee21

you want a 4.25/4.50 x 17 for the front and a 6.0/6.25 x 17 for the rear . You could possibly use the bigger tube on the front , but it may crease and that will/may cause it to fail , greg

• Like 1

you want a 4.25/4.50 x 17 for the front and a 6.0/6.25 x 17 for the rear . You could possibly use the bigger tube on the front , but it may crease and that will/may cause it to fail , greg

ok so that irc should fit. It says (4.0, 4.5, and 4.75) and i got a 150/70 for the back. thanks for the help..