Sign in to follow this  

Shopping Cart/Logic Check

Hey Everyone, I've been reading up on here for the last 5 months or so.  I'm picking up a used 09 SM that's bone stock.  I'll be stationed in Japan, so there's an ok chance I will be forced to sell the bike after only 2 years.  My intentions are to be able to return the bike to stock and transfer my aftermarket parts to my next bike if I end up in the US.  Is there any oddball item I'm missing to make all of these items work together?  Is it realistic to complete it all in one weekend?  

Basic Mx:
1.  Loctite+Oil Change+Valve Clearances+Coolant?

2.  MCCT/Case Savers

Upgrades:

3.  3x3
4.  TT's FCR39 (Elevation 0-2000ft)
5.  MRD (Not decided on which one)

6.  K&N Air Filter 

Hey Everyone, I've been reading up on here for the last 5 months or so.  I'm picking up a used 09 SM that's bone stock.  I'll be stationed in Japan, so there's an ok chance I will be forced to sell the bike after only 2 years.  My intentions are to be able to return the bike to stock and transfer my aftermarket parts to my next bike if I end up in the US.  Is there any oddball item I'm missing to make all of these items work together?  Is it realistic to complete it all in one weekend?  

StukaG , if you are competent at turning a spanner , then you should be able to do it in one day , greg

Performance bump equal or better than the FCR carb?

I would say no... I did the FCR first, and the cams second. I would say the FCR made the biggest difference.  Granted at $250 the cams are pretty much exactly half the price of an FCR, but I'd say half the performance gain, at least.

• Like 1

Performance bump equal or better than the FCR carb?

The FCR is stronger,  but when you do a exhaust,  cams and a FCR carb,  it all comes together,  they all benefit from each other.

• Like 1

StukaG , if you are competent at turning a spanner , then you should be able to do it in one day , greg

Unless you're like me where you set aside a whole day to put the carb on, Just in case..

The FCR is stronger,  but when you do a exhaust,  cams and a FCR carb,  it all comes together,  they all benefit from each other.

You're quite the salesman!  I think I'm going to go ahead and get cams as well, especially since I'll be opening the top end up to check clearances.

• Like 1