Sign in to follow this  

New lid

Well I picked it up 2 days ago but so far I really like it. It's super light and has decent ventilation in the top. I kinda wish it had more vents in the mouth guard, but it's ok. The goggles are decent but heavily tinted. I'm gonna order some non-tinted ones also. They're easy to attach. The one weak point I see is the way the goggles connect to the mouth guard. It's just 4 plastic posts. We'll see how they hold up I guess. Overall it's very comfortable. The chin strap is padded so no chaffing. If any of you wore a full MX helmet like I did, you'll notice right away the lack of wind resistance you get from the roost guard. You can't beat the look IMO. They have other styles but I liked this one the best.

Yeah it's sand colored. Really nice too. Also, there IS vents in the mouth guard lol. Just took a closer look. My bad

• Like 1

What about noise?  Is there a lot of wind noise?  Sorry... questions questions :blah:

I've never had a MX lid, only road.  Shark S700 (?) Redding race rep at the moment, I find it very noisy(wind)

I like the look of your new helmet but doubt i could live with one w/o the flip front chin bar for talking to gas station people and other m/c riders--If you ever get one of the flip front helmets get the one button one so you can raise it coming into towns for the air--some have two buttons to push and it takes both hands--Just my 2 cents worth!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ask away bro. Well compared to my MX, much less wind noise. I've only ever worn MX but I assume it's not as quiet as a full shield road helmet.

I like the look of your new helmet but doubt i could live with one w/o the flip front chin bar for talking to gas station people and other m/c riders--If you ever get one of the flip front helmets get the one button one so you can raise it coming into towns for the air--some have two buttons to push and it takes both hands--Just my 2 cents worth!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's definitely something to consider. I rarely need to talk to anyone when I ride but I can see your point

• Like 1

my buddy with the fz09 has that helmet... in all black...  he likes it...  he wears it at night with the goggles which i am surprised about...  he said it's not bad, but i guess when you are doing 130mph everywhere you go, seeing isn't all that important...

he likes the helmet and has not complaints about it....  funny thing, its harder to hear him in (when talking at lights) that helmet then when he had a full face street helmet...  idk...

• Like 1