Sign in to follow this  

California Red Stickers

HAHAHAHA. Wishful thinking, but not likely. It's California, it's more likely they will make up a new color and restrict us even more.

• Like 2

No...  there is actually a program underway right now where they are paying money to red sticker bike owners who will volunteer to allow them to put monitoring devices on existing red sticker vehicles to gather data to justify new regulations for future Red Sticker vehicles.

CARB at it's finest.

When have you known the government to get less restrictive or shrink...?

Edited by 1.21GW

They dont! Bigger, badder, stronger is the montra!

No...  there is actually a program underway right now where they are paying money to red sticker bike owners who will volunteer to allow them to put monitoring devices on existing red sticker vehicles to gather data to justify new regulations for future Red Sticker vehicles.

Any red sticker bike owner that does this is a traitor to our sport..

• Like 3

Hopefully it's in the form of an anal probe for those willing to do this.

...Actually just heard that there is a very strong chance it will go away at the end of this year and go back to the green sticker program. A court challenge appears to have gone our way.

Thanks-

Eric

• Like 4

Do people really follow the rules of the red sticker bs?

People with families that  have several machines...  often with trailers loads of red sticker kiddie bikes & atvs to control costs cause their kids grow out of their rides in months.  They often ride in legal organized  areas where there are facilities for family style weekends and are subjected to rules.  Not everyone is an uber baddass trail blazing ssg rider.  In fact, I'd guess ohv Dad's pay for more red stickers than than the UBTBs do.  Just a guess though.

• Like 1

...Actually just heard that there is a very strong chance it will go away at the end of this year and go back to the green sticker program. A court challenge appears to have gone our way.

Thanks-

Eric

any news or magazine write up about this court outcome? Interesting.
  • Like 1

any news or magazine write up about this court outcome? Interesting.

Apparently this has been floating around D37 for awhile and I just had a regular customer tell me that a Gorman Ranger verified it for him. November is change time apparently. That's how I came upon this post is looking for write ups.

• Like 3

Apparently this has been floating around D37 for awhile and I just had a regular customer tell me that a Gorman Ranger verified it for him. November is change time apparently. That's how I came upon this post is looking for write ups.

That would be absolutely fantastic, would also put more money into the system due to more riding by those with red sticker bikes, its a BS law anyway, about time they woke up!

I hope it actually happens Eric, more business for everybody in the industry!

• Like 2

CARB is more detached from reality and mean spirited than the IRS…….

• Like 2

People with families that have several machines... often with trailers loads of red sticker kiddie bikes & atvs to control costs cause their kids grow out of their rides in months. They often ride in legal organized areas where there are facilities for family style weekends and are subjected to rules. Not everyone is an uber baddass trail blazing ssg rider. In fact, I'd guess ohv Dad's pay for more red stickers than than the UBTBs do. Just a guess though.

:lol:

I knew either you or ballistic

Edited by dios de la tierra
  • Like 1

I believe that TT even had it on as a banner advertisment or at the top of one of the forums.  That is where I saw it.

Typical of government entities to suppress us. If only I can get my hands on some counterfeit green stickers....

Good point. Maybe it's not entirely impossible though.