Sign in to follow this  

'07 TC250 project

Hey I'm new to these bikes but I'm looking at this one to buy as a winter project:

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-dirt-bikes-motocross-2007-Husky-TC-250-W0QQAdIdZ1009694624

I don't know where I can get parts in western Canada, nor if they're substantially more expensive than Japanese parts. Where do you guys go for parts? What parts are probably damaged as a result of the cam retainer clip failure? What specialty tools will I need?

My only other rebuilding experience is a full engine/trans rebuild on a '04 CR250.

My goal here is to make money on this thing and I enjoyed rebuilding the last one. I'll probably not pay the full asking price, but bikes hold a lot of value in this area. Advice is appreciated.

Edited by runnybunny

Halls. (217) 789-0107 it's a brick and mortar store in the US, but they have a good online selection. That build will cost 15x what the CR did! Cam chain failur can really mess up the top end!!

• Like 1

Since this guy isn't answering my questions and parts look like they're big money, I'm going to assume this guy has taken it apart and knows the fix isn't worth the bike. I'm no longer interested in this project. Thanks guys.