Sign in to follow this  

Dirtbike needed

I'm trying to find a dirtbike for myself but i dont know which one will fit me. Im 5'9-10 and i have never had a dirtbike before. I just wanted a four stroke dirtbike to ride around on trails. Any suggestions?

Suzuki dr250 or dr350, honda xr250r or xr400r, kawasaki klx300 are all reliable trailworthy options. Or most of the newer enduro 250's if you're looking for new. I wouldn't start with one of the bigger bikes

agreed. ive had a yamaha wr250 and it was an awesome bike with really controlled power but it would still get you where you need to go. if you are a beginner id stay away from the 450 of any brand because they have a ton of power. a 2-stroke 250 would be alright but they do have a power-band that can make learning a little tricky/painful if not careful. 

xr, dr, ttr, klx are good off road, easy to ride but also reliable and easy to work on for a beginner.

Still wish I kept my xr250

sexahhh.jpg

i agree. Once you learn on a 230, they weigh 250 lbs wet. So that's almost more than most 450's and a 230 will suit your needs perfectly!

what I meant in the fact that a 230 weighs as much if not more than most 450's, your next step up after a 230 will feel like a feather!