Sign in to follow this  

Utah MX track in Vernal, Utah

Vernal Motocross just had a new MX track built. I am not much of a MX rider but I enjoyed the track. My son (11 yrs old on a KX85) Loves it.

The track was designed to be safe for the younger riders while at the same time having obstacles for the more advanced riders.

Check out their web site

http://vernalmotocross.com/index.php?page=home

They are also on Facebook. Vernal Motocross.

SWEET DUDE.

Man I miss living out there.

Have they shut red mountain down yet? :(

I was really hoping that crap they pulled marking boundaries off at Honda 3 summers ago or whatever it was didn't expand :(

Hell I was gonna make a trip out there this weekend to drop my trailer off at Top it Off to have juan work on it and ride as much as I could while I was there, I had no idea they opened up a new track

Red Mountain is still open. I haven't noticed any change with Honda Hills. I still ride just about anywhere I want there without running into any boundries. We had a BLM officer working here for the last few years that is pro-use. He was a good advocate to have. But he to a position in a new area, so we dont have that representation anymore. I hope we don't see negetive effects now.

The track has only been open for the last two weekends. The people running it are working very hard to get the soil composition right. It isn't perfect but is coming along.

Anyone have any current information on the motocross track or good riding in vernal?

I am headed up there over the weekend to stay with my brother in law.

I'm sure I will find some riding areas but would prefer to ride a MX track if possible.

From what I can tell their website hasn't been updated for a while.

Thanks

I rode the track at buckskin hills yesterday. The track was in good shape surprisingly.

Hopefully the rain lets up today. If I go back I will try to get picks.

I'm hoping to try the trails on the north end of town also. I believe they call them Honda hills.

Good riding and dirt up here.

The track hasn't been groomed or water for quite some time. They are trying to get support so they can get the right equipment to groom. If you come to Vernal, get in contact with me. When my schedule works out I ride the trails quite often.

I'm heading over to Vernal this weekend for the 4th, would like to take the bikes. Is there any new word on the track? Who do we talk to about riding?