Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF250R Cutting Out

So, im working on my cousins bike, its an 05 crf250r.. the bike keeps cutting out from about 1/2 throttle beyond and the bike wont reach rev limiter just cuts out and wants to die, when riding it it feels like your hitting a wall, loses almost 100% of its power. checked compression and its great. It had a dyno jet kit in it, so i replaced the DJ jets with keihin. Right now its running a 170 main and 42 pilot, bike has boysen quickshot so the leakjet is adjustable. I did notice that the needle was changed out with a dynojet one as well, at the moment its on 4th clip out of 7 on the DJ needle.  After changing the jets it ran exactly the same.. so i pull valve cover and the timing was off one tooth. I reset the timing and still runs like crap. It has a Pro Circuit silencer mated to the stock header, not sure if that would have anything to do with it? Ive also replaced plug, and checked electrical system. Im hoping someone may have some input on what this problem could be. 

Check the tank vent isnt clogged. Sounds like a fuel delivery issue, 1/2 throttle up is the main jet circuit, make sure there isnt any crap or blockages in any of the passageways in the carb.

Edited by nzgsr

Tank vent is good and not clogged, havent gotten the chance to check carb. I did notice that the power loss has changed throttle position. the bike will run fine now up above 3/4 throttle at high rpm and bog down and cut out below that. Unsure why just randomly this has changed. you think that changing the needle back to NCYQ as well as installing a new needle holder would make a difference? Also The silencer is a Ti-4 but mated to the stock header, and it is not sealing up properly.. if i remember right, the Ti-4 is supposed to be mated to a pro circuit header? Thanks for the help.

The problem ended up being the needle and seat. I replaced both and bike runs great now.