Sign in to follow this  

Oils and lubes

Highly debatable, but I prefer Motul for premix. Honestly because it's available at the local parts house near me and it's easy to get. I have done many top ends over the years and I will get every ounce of life out of that piston I can. Cylinders are always left flawless even still showing signs of the manufacturing process.

I religiously clean my air filter and for that I use No Toil, the BEST stuff! It's non toxic, you can wash your filter in the kitchen sink and as an added bonus the No Toil powder cleaner will leave your sink sparkling like new. I keep three filters in rotation. Drop a clean one in, wash the old one, and let it dry for next weekend.

Trans fluid, take your pick. Ask 10 different riders their opinions on trans fluid and you will get 15 different answers.

Highly debatable, but I prefer Motul for premix. Honestly because it's available at the local parts house near me and it's easy to get. I have done many top ends over the years and I will get every ounce of life out of that piston I can. Cylinders are always left flawless even still showing signs of the manufacturing process.

I religiously clean my air filter and for that I use No Toil, the BEST stuff! It's non toxic, you can wash your filter in the kitchen sink and as an added bonus the No Toil powder cleaner will leave your sink sparkling like new. I keep three filters in rotation. Drop a clean one in, wash the old one, and let it dry for next weekend.

Trans fluid, take your pick. Ask 10 different riders their opinions on trans fluid and you will get 15 different answers.

You know the No Toil powder cleaner is just oxy clean right? Much cheaper to buy it that way. And I agree, it's great stuff. 

• Like 1

You know the No Toil powder cleaner is just oxy clean right? Much cheaper to buy it that way. And I agree, it's great stuff.

Is this true? And I mean to replace the blue bottle. Not the green crap.

I use the blue cleaner and red oil. If that's true I'm all over this.

Is this true? And I mean to replace the blue bottle. Not the green crap.

I use the blue cleaner and red oil. If that's true I'm all over this.

I use the red no toil oil and to clean the filter I use a small amount of oxy clean (powdered version) mixed in a small pale of warm water. It works just like solvent does to petroleum oil only it's not toxic to stick your hand in. My buddy has probably 8-10 filters, he lets nearly all of them get dirty and then he throws them all in the washer with one scoop of oxy clean, they come out sparkling and his wife who is super picky has never had an issue with washign clothes afteward. 

• Like 1

I use the red no toil oil and to clean the filter I use a small amount of oxy clean (powdered version) mixed in a small pale of warm water. It works just like solvent does to petroleum oil only it's not toxic to stick your hand in. My buddy has probably 8-10 filters, he lets nearly all of them get dirty and then he throws them all in the washer with one scoop of oxy clean, they come out sparkling and his wife who is super picky has never had an issue with washign clothes afteward.

Well that's good to know! No more tiny $15 bottle of filter cleaner. Thanks for the tip :)

• Like 1

Well that's good to know! No more tiny $15 bottle of filter cleaner. Thanks for the tip :)

I accept pay pal. Wink wink. Just kidding.
  • Like 1