2014 KX250F Fork Sag (race and static)

Does anyone know what the recommended stock settings are for the SFF fork sag? I keep reading how important it is to have this set right but I can not find what the recommended setting are

it's not as correct spring rate. Most suspension companies suggest 3-5mm front and 103mm rear.

I have been running 100mm rear and my front spring adjuster is currently 6 clicks out from soft. Am I correct in thinking 3mm sag would be 18clicks out from soft??

I read somewhere that the 2012 KX250f front fork should have 51mm sag

I have been running 100mm rear and my front spring adjuster is currently 6 clicks out from soft. Am I correct in thinking 3mm sag would be 18clicks out from soft??

I read somewhere that the 2012 KX250f front fork should have 51mm sag

6-10 clicks in front is good. How much do you weigh and what spring rates

as long as your springs are in the ball park . The front fork sag is 51mm +/-  2mm measured inline with fork tubes.  3 to 5 mm would be fork heigth above the clamps. If thats your sag/preload then your forks are awful stiff. Factory connection recommended sag for rear on my sons 14' is 106mm

Edited by spin05
  • Like 1

as long as your springs are in the ball park . The front fork sag is 51mm +/-  2mm measured inline with fork tubes.  3 to 5 mm would be fork heigth above the clamps. If thats your sag/preload then your forks are awful stiff. Factory connection recommended sag for rear on my sons 14' is 106mm

Thanks Spin.... The 51mm sag is that just with the weight of the bike? or with the rider on the bike?

Motocross Action Mag says Kawasaki recommends setting the sag between 45mm and 55mm. It think I saw similar numbers from Kawasaki, but can't find my reference. It can be tough to get that sag through measurement. You can get in the ballpark by just setting the fork preload at the factory recommended 22 clicks in (clockwise after backing all the way out) and then adjusting for ride. I wouldn't worry about measuring fork sag, but would just set the factory clicks and play with it until it feels right. There are specific suspension tuning tips in your owners manual.

Edited by LSHD

I wouldn't worry about measuring fork sag, but would just set the factory clicks and play with it until it feels right. There are specific suspension tuning tips in your owners manual.

LSHD I am thinking the same thing mate, thanks for the advice ?

I wouldn't worry about measuring fork sag, but would just set the factory clicks and play with it until it feels right. There are specific suspension tuning tips in your owners manual.

LSHD I am thinking the same thing mate, thanks for the advice ?

I weigh about the same as you. The clicks I specked are for my 2011, not your 2014. But yeah, just set it to the factory spec and experiment from there.

Thanks Spin.... The 51mm sag is that just with the weight of the bike? or with the rider on the bike?

Just like the rear. Measure on the stand.Then measure with weight on the bike.The problem with just setting clickers is,again if its not sprung right for you. 22 clicks will be diffrent for everybody. Especially if you need to change the progression spring. Until we changed the progession spring my son at 120lbs had to run preload/sag at the softest setting and he was still wasn't even close to 50mm.He was getting about 10mm