Ktm 200exc

Would a Ktm 200EXC be a good all around bike? I'm 105 ibs and my riding is all around. I won't be going to the track very much probably once every two months and a lot of my riding is either riding out on pretty big/steep red rock hills so I think it would be perfect for that and riding on my land (about 12acres with a track i made) and i have a few very tight trails through trees but I also like to jump but not really big jumps because I don't have access to any so would it be okay with jumping sense I don't weigh much?

• Like 3

About 5'7 I ride a 08 yz125 I bought myself not to long ago and I like it but I want something different with some more down low power and a little better acceleration

$500 gets you a 144 from eric gorr for the yz125.  May not be enough for you but it's an option 

• Like 1

Technically, they are less popular than say a 150 or a 250.  If you wander into your average KTM dealer you will not see a 200 on the floor.  The rather large dealers you will but generally not the dealer that has 8-10 KTM bikes on the floor.  It's hard to find them used here as well but you can find any 250 or 4 stroke you want.  You'll always sell tons of your 125/150/250 mx bikes.  A woods bike like the 200 won't sell as well when people also have the option of a 300.  Most people will go for the higher displacement bike.  Doesn't mean they're bad just means there are less of them. =]

There is also some smaller bikes like the ktm 150xc or the husky 144 you could look at.

Edited by kan3

Are these bikes just unpopular or what? It's hard to find one and there's only one that looks nice and isn't way over priced

They have been popular for a very long time hand hold their price around here.. actually some have gone up to ridiculous prices around here. I guess it depends on where you live ..but if you see one in good shape for a good price jump on it before it's gone. I'd think it would be great for you.

• Like 1

There's one 2001 that looks good for 1500obo that's been on cl for a week. I'm hoping my YZ sells first so I can go look at it ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407787266.024501.jpg here's a picture of it. It comes with a new rear sprocket and rear suspension spring and I'm not sure if it could use a new seat cover or if its just the picture

• Like 1

There's one 2001 that looks good for 1500obo that's been on cl for a week. I'm hoping my YZ sells first so I can go look at it 📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407787266.024501.jpg here's a picture of it. It comes with a new rear sprocket and rear suspension spring and I'm not sure if it could use a new seat cover or if its just the picture

The newer the KTM the more "Japanese" it is to ride.

I have no issues with the one early one I rode, but be aware most people definitely consider newer better. I ride a 2010 and wouldn't mind another 200 of any year to go with it.

Hold it open, shift a lot and you will fly.

They have been popular for a very long time hand hold their price around here.. actually some have gone up to ridiculous prices around here. I guess it depends on where you live ..but if you see one in good shape for a good price jump on it before it's gone. I'd think it would be great for you.

I think people who have them hold them for the most part. Mine is nearly 5 (not old IMO) and I am looking at other rides, but no intention to move on the 200.

The newer the KTM the more "Japanese" it is to ride.

I have no issues with the one early one I rode, but be aware most people definitely consider newer better. I ride a 2010 and wouldn't mind another 200 of any year to go with it.

Hold it open, shift a lot and you will fly.

I think people who have them hold them for the most part. Mine is nearly 5 (not old IMO) and I am looking at other rides, but no intention to move on the 200.

well honestly I want something that feels different than my YZ. I'm pretty comfortable on it and can ride it hard but it don't feel..right. It's good for tight corners but if its a long loop type turn I'm not confident on it at all and I am on my dads 1991 kx250 and it might just be I haven't practiced them on it enough but it doesn't feel stable at all to me

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408716102.658398.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408716156.400779.jpg Yeah. I really like it so far it's real comfortable (but the seat is hard as a rock!) and the power is great. It needs a new seat cover and grips but here's a couple pictures and them aren't random FMF stickers they're actually part of the graphics Edited by Jonathon_w